1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

King Size sheet for screen ..... Whats size.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mark Amayao, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Well-Known Member

I saw this really neat King size sheet at "Linens and Things" It was light gray and had a nice sheen to it with a 500 thread count. I was wondering about what screen size this King Size sheet would yield. This will be a temporary
    solution tillI get the DALITE HCCV screen. Plus I have this cool idea for a DIY screen anyway. If It comes out ok then I may just save the money for the HCCV DALITE and keep it.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Well-Known Member

Neil Joseph
    If you can find a nice way to stretch it so that it does not bubble up, this would be a nice and cheap solution.

3. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Well-Known Member

Hey Neil Thank you for documenting your DIY project on the screen. a big [​IMG] on the set-up.

Im curious though .... how much does your screen weigh?
    The only reason why I was considering fabric was that It could be really really light.

I think I have a pretty unique idea for a screen. Mainly cause I want my BEDroom to maintain its identity as a BEDroom. The reason why I want it so light is that I want it to be easily maneuvered into place. If you check out my website youll see what my dilemna is. The wall where the 47inch panny is on the same wall it ill go onto, the vault starts at about 4.5 - 5 feet. I was initially going to go with a 80-90 inch screen at the most. Now seeing the PLVZ1 in person has motivated me to go larger!

But I guess im goin off point here.... whats the largest screen-size a King size sheet will yield? Anybody ...... thanks[​IMG]

4. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Well-Known Member

Mark, use "blackout" material it stops light completely and it will probably be cheaper than the king size sheet.

Build a wood frame and simply stretch the blackout fabric onto the frame. You should be able to make a 16x9 screen 96" x 54"

5. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Well-Known Member

A king size top (flat) sheet measures 102 x 108 inches.

Jan

6. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Well-Known Member

Neil Joseph
    My screen weighs about 20 pounds FYI