1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

King Kong (1976) and Running Scared (2006) HD-DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Johannes S, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Johannes S

Johannes S Well-Known Member

Today I received the German HD-DVD of King Kong (1976) and Running Scared (2006) from amazon.de.

The good news:

PERFECT picture quality on both releases with superb definition and natural grain structure without any artifacting. Highly recommended!

There are definitely NO forced subtitles. You can enjoy the outstanding DTS-Master audio in english language.

When played for the first time, the player asks the primary language and seems to remember this setting, even after unplugging. To switch to german menu/language, there is the option to change the main language in the DVD menu. I do not know whether the option to change the language setting becomes permanent after a certain number of changes...

It seems obvious that the player somehow can save the language setting internally and remembers it even after unplugging.

For US importers, the good news is, that you can enjoy the feature without any forced subtitles.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000KF0F6O

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000KF0FSW

http://www.amazon.de/Fog-Nebel-Graue.../dp/B000KF0F6E

This seems to be a very good start for HD-DVD here in Germany.

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Well-Known Member

Rachael Bellomy
    I worked two days as an extra in the World Trade Center scenes of Kong. I'm not sure I could sit through the film again though....especially after 3 hours of that other, recent, Kong. I'm about Konged out.

I hope ya'all get better Kongs and mo' other stuff soon.

3. AaronSCH

AaronSCH Well-Known Member

Johannes... terrific news. What style case are they using in Germany? Are the covers the same as pictured on Amazon? Are you aware of other releases scheduled in Germany? If so, can you list them in the import thread I started so that there is a single place to exchange information on these titles? Thanks a bunch. I will be ordering soon.

4. davenportbuzz

davenportbuzz Active Member

King Kong (1976) RULES. And even more in HD.

Thank you...

5. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Well-Known Member

Rick, not sure if you are aware of this or not, but you can order both of these domestically from xploitedcinema.com.
    I paid $36 each with shipping- and they got here QUICK.

they carry the French versions, but they should otherwise be identical to the German discs.

Kong does indeed look fantastic. Fog has a few minor flaws, but is much better than the MGM dvd

6. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Rick,

You can't. But many people simply use the US (or UK) site for translation: the German site is almost a word-for-word translation.

If really necessary, use Babel fish and ask on this forum: several members do speak/understand German enough to be able to help you if necessary.

Cees

7. davenportbuzz

davenportbuzz Active Member

Thanks guys! I think I'll just try xploitedcinema.com. I'm so thrilled to get these two flicks in HD! Thanks again.