What's new

Kimba the White Lion (1 Viewer)

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
DavisDVD has just announced that Right Stuff is releasing the Ultimate Collection on Nov. 29th, 2005. On one hand i'm happy, but on the other hand i'm annoyed because a couple of years ago I purchased Kimba The White Lion Vol. one (the first 26 eps.) released through Rhino and was eagerly awaiting the next volume. I guess they lost the rights to it.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
The first release was a partnership between RightStuf and Rhino. This time around, RightStuf is doing it "right". They've got Astroboy coming as well (early next year I think).

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
The original (1960's) black and white Astroboy, I hope? And what about Eighth Man? Has there been any talk of this. I always thought of it as I do Gigantor since they were out around the same time.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
not familiar with marine lad, was he part of the marine boy show?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
my personal all time favorite simpsons line/scene.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Ahhh...Marine Boy and Kimba take me back to when i was a kid growing up in the San Francisco area. I bet these shows would be quant to kids today. I wonder if younger anime fans even know of this stuff?

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Is there any word as to whether this new release of Kimba will use remastered picture and sound, as well as the ORIGINAL voice actors used in the 60s instead of the later voice actors that was used on the previous release? I heard the picture quality on the previous release was awful, and the voice used was not from the original 60s version of the show. I'd like to watch this show the way I remember it from the 60s, not from the 80s reworking.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

It doesn't say anything about the voice actors, but this is from the official description:

This DVD Box Set collects all 52 color episodes masterfully restored on 10 DVDs plus an additional bonus DVD packed with tons of extras.

Larry Gelfand

Premium
Real Name
Larry Gelfand
From The Right Stuf website:

Right Stuf is also proud to announce that we are returning to our roots and releasing two of our very earliest and most requested VHS series on DVD: the complete 1965 US Kimba Series and the complete 1963 US Astro Boy Series!

Both series are being restored. The Kimba set will have pristine video and contain Character & Production Notes Gallery, a Merchandise Gallery, Clean Opening / Closing, Original ep 1 in Japanese with subtitles, an Interview with Fred Ladd, and Deleted scenes (all of those that were edited from the original US Release).

We are currently searching for better source material for 15 episodes of the Astro Boy series (see news down a few for complete details) and extras have not yet been completely finalized.

Look to see the Kimba Box set coming this November. Astro Boy is currently slated to be released in 2 box sets in 2006.

jeremy nolan

Auditioning
Comming to R4 Australia on 21st sept:

This DVD boxed contains all 52 colour episodes on ten discs plus an extra eleventh disc of extras. The episodes are in the order according to Osamu Tezuka's original storyline.
Special Features:

* Exclusive Special Features For The Kimba The White Lion Deluxe Dvd Collection
* Collector's Booklet
* Original Art Gallery
* Character Profiles
* Osamu Tezuka Biography
* Interviews
* Introductions From Tezuku And Mushi Productions
* Merchandise Gallery
* ...and More!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Wow, this Kimba set sounds great! I saw it in the 80's though, is this the same series as the 63 one, just reworked, or is it completely new? Amazon also lists an Astroboy set in Dec, any idea what series it is?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks