What's new

Kill Bill: Volume 2 Teaser Trailer (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Someone from AICN says Vol2 clocks in at about 130 minutes.
Theres a review there now.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Ebert and Roeper gave it "Two Thumbs Way Up." They said it was better than the first (it'll make Ebert's top ten of the year list), has more substance and complexity, the characters are more fully realized (David Carradine should be nominated for best supporting actor), and there is more of Tarantino's trademark dialogue. Most of the footage shown was of Uma training with the old guy.

~T

Alphonse Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I got to see VOL 2 at a private screening yesterday. It does clock in at around 135 minutes, which makes me wonder if these stories were meant to be split all along. Added to VOL 1's 111 minutes, takes the entire story into the 4 hour mark.

Anyway, VOL 2 focuses more on the dialogue than VOL 1; which could be a good thing for some. QT writes very well and supports his characters with great things to say (even if it does not advance the story). I believe the action and gorehounds looking to top the House of Blue Leaves 'chapter' will be dissappointed for there is no setpiece quite like the Crazy 88 scene in VOL 1. Oh, don't get me wrong, there's QT violent scenes here and there, but very little of the gore of VOL 1. Around the 75 minute mark, Uma's Beatrix Kiddo
character and Darryl Hannah's Elle Driver character have a great swordfight scene in Budd's trailer in the middle of nowhere Texas that is worth the price of admission. Not to say that the previous 75 minutes were totally senseless...it just takes that long to get Budd out of the picture and on to Elle. Michael Madsen's Budd is great as well...we get to know him and what his daily existence has come to. I'm really trying not to spoil what happens early on, because I honestly thought one thing and turns out something else happens, but it all seems right in this "Kill Bill" universe. Things don't happen exactly the way they are planned sometimes.

David Carradine, as Bill, should be nominated for Best Supporting Actor come next Oscar time. He brings a sense of humanity and compassion to the faceless murderer of VOL 1 unlike you would believe. His "Superman" story should be what they play as his clip at the Oscars. Uma, as Beatrix Kiddo
should be nominated for Best Actress. She plays a victim, avenger, young, master, strong, weak, etc... in this film to perfection. The music is fantastic! The beginning sounds very Bernard Hermannesque with the black and white gritty film stock used.

I was hoping to see a flashback of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad together, either in a meeting with Bill or on an actual job. You do see a flashback of Uma on a job, as she finds out that she's pregnant. A brilliant QT scene by the way. I know Vivica Fox's Vernita Green and Lucy Lui's O-Ren Ishii were wiped out in VOL 1, but I kind of missed them in VOL 2 and a flashback (with a movie containing many flashbacks) would've been good. I mean Vivica and Lucy have more screentime on the closing 5 minute curtain call than in the actual VOL 2 movie. Maybe a scene like that was edited out like the scene I recall seeing in the trailer with Bill fighting Michael Jai White's character. Hopefully, there will be a 4 hour & 30 minute directors cut of VOL1 & VOL2 that'll be released.

Either way, it does open on April 16th in the U.S., and I can't wait to see this again.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Exactly how awesome is the cover for the CD soundtrack, courtesy of the listing from Amazon?

UNBELIEVABLY awesome. :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

To paraphrase Ricardo_C from the Star Wars DVD release thread--April 16th, GET YOUR PUNK ASS HERE ALREADY!!

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Damn cool, hopefully it will be the DVD artwork. I notice they list a few tracks by Ennio Morricone which is always a plus.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Alphonse, just out of curiosity, what do the opening credits say about the film's number? The 5th film by Quentin Tarantino? The 4 1/2th film? The conclusion to the 4th film?

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
This is by far the weirdest way to advertise a flick. Not one main trailer!?! I have not seen these Ty spots personally but really, not one thing in theatres. Are they just assuming everyone who say 1 will go see 2 and that's that?
Thanks

Alphonse Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Chris -

If you've seen the black and white teaser trailer with the Hermannesque music and Uma's character stating "I've killed a helluva lot of people to get to this point...and when I arrive at my destination, I'm gonna kill Bill" then you've seen what occurs right after the Miramax/A Band Apart logos and before you see in big writing "VOL. 2".

In other words, there is no mention in the film's credits itself regarding which film # this is of QT's. Looking back at the trailer, this one is being advertised as his "new movie". Personally, I see the entire "Kill Bill" (Vol's 1 & 2) story as one movie ala Peter Jackson's LOTRs.

I hope it is remembered come Oscar season.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Chad,
This weekend I saw a commercial for Kill Bill Vol 1 DVD.

It said something about before Vol2 comes out April 16, resee vol 1.

I guess thats how theyre adverstising Vol 2.

Alphonse Brown

Stunt Coordinator
According to ComingSoon.net, ET as well as "various Internet sites" will debut the full trailer on Tuesday 4/6/04. Hope it doesn't show too many spoilers, because I was shocked by some scenes that I was unaware of prior to seeing it last Friday.

Alphonse Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I second the motion to avoid the trailer (if you can). It takes several elements of surprise away.

- Alphonse

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
and to be honest, you probably should watch the first movie before seeing the trailer.

To be honest, Ebert gave away far more in his review than this trailer does.

Cool poster too, with Uma dressed up as a bride with the katana.

Jason

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
If you've seen the trailer:

That scene where Uma and Pei Mei do moves in unison with the red background - simply awesome, simply awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks