What's new

Kill Bill: Volume 2 Teaser Trailer (1 Viewer)

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
There was a trailer for Kill Bill Vol.II at the showing of The Butterfly Effect tonight. It wasn't much of a trailer really. It was more like a teaser I guess. It was actually the best part of going to see The Butterfly Effect.

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator

Was it the same teaser as the one that was just released on the internet a couple of days ago?

If not, description please

Raymond

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Before The Butterfly Effect I saw the same Kill Bill: Vol. 2 teaser that appeared online a few days ago. I assume Dennis saw the same one.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
This is from another review. Someone is attendence met Harvey W......

" While having a much needed cigarette after the film, my buddy ended up smoking next to Harvey Weinstein, who was also choking one down. My buddy, never at a loss for words, congratulated him and told Harvey that he had a great film on his hands. Harvey took a few steps over and began conversing with my friend about the film, what was missing (most notably the Michael Jai White flashback sequence which Harvey said they ran out of time for but would certainly be on the DVD) and the release strategy. Harvey noted when asked about a 2 disc set combining the films that both films would have their own DVD releases, but that the film would be cut together as one single film, an entity all it's own (apparently not simply slapped together) and would not only be released as one set, but it would have a theatrical release."

Mo money mo money money

ToddP

Stunt Coordinator

So they are going to re-release the film theatrically in a 3hr 45min version? But they're not going to put this single film version on dvd? Gotta tell you, that's a terrible business decision.

James T

Screenwriter
It's coming out on DVD as well. QTs plan since splitting up the movies was a near bare-bones theatrical release followed by the the single cut film with all the features.

It is the first I've heard of the theatrical release of the full version wtihout being broken up.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
ToddP, you might have mis-read the quote: it said that a combined single-film version "would not only be released as one set, but it would [ALSO] have a theatrical release."

This is the first I've heard of a plan for a single-version in any form, DVD or theatrical. James T, where have you heard/read about QT's plans for the DVD releases? All I've seen on other threads have been rumors that were more vague than that.

Oh, and goddamn, can April whenever-Vol. 2-is-coming-out just hurry up and get here already? I'm so stoked to see this! Then again, I should remind myself that I went for SIX YEARS without any new QT movies before Vol. 1 came out.

ToddP

Stunt Coordinator
Haggai,

You're right, I misread the quote. Thanks for pointing that out. I look forward to an extended single film version. I wonder what the release schedule would look like for that. I would assume the plan would be to release Vol.2 in the Sep/Oct. time frame, and perhaps a single film version for the holidays? Maybe that's too soon?

James T

Screenwriter
I can't remember where exactly I heard him say it, but I'm pretty sure it was a television interview as I don't recall reading any QT interviews, ever. He's also said to be a huge DVD fan and a fan of all the bells and whistles.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

Vol. 2 is scheduled for April 16 in the theaters, as far as I know--were you just referring to DVD release dates?

Not totally sure I'd be up for 4 hours of KB in the theaters. Well, OK, yeah, I probably would be, I'm a Tarantino freak. As far as DVD releases go, the only thing I'm really adamant about is that they don't conceal/lie to me about what's coming up. If it's some combination of bare-bones (like the upcoming Vol. 1 disc) followed by some big SE release down the line, fine, just let me know ahead of time. I also don't want lots of extras spread out over different versions, certainly, but as long as I know what my options are, OK.

ToddP

Stunt Coordinator

Yes. With V.2 hitting theaters next month, I would anticipate a dvd release in Sep/Oct. What I was curious about is if the holiday season would be too soon to expect a single film version.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
If that quote is correct they wont just be sliceing Vol 2 in back of Vol 1, it will be cut together in a different way than if you were to see Vol 1 & 2 one after the other.

Why didnt they just release the damn thing that way in the first place?!?!?!?
:angry: :angry:

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
JonZ, you answered your own question!

Maybe Harvey had second thoughts about the whole thing. Maybe the marginal success of the movie let them be more ambitious. Maybe it was in the cards all along. I enjoyed the first one and I am looking forward to Vol. 2, but I don't know if I would go to a 4 hour super-movie version. Seeing it on DVD, on the other hand, would be nice.

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
Don't know if this is old news, but at the cinema I work at(here in Melbourne, Australia) we just put up a Volume 2 poster. It's the list of the names The Bride wrote in the plane, with a great big samurai sword pierced through it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks