What's new

KILL BILL: The multiple versions thread (6 from Miramax; Japanese, SEs, etc.) (1 Viewer)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
It'll be interesting if the August SE (if true) contains the full color House of Blue Leaves sequence. I actually really enjoyed the cut to black and white and thought it was handled very well and looked fantastic (cut to B&W as Uma yanks out one guy's eye, then back to color as she blinks during the aftermath). Color would be nice, but I do like the way the B&W worked in that sequence as well.

Sean Richardson

Stunt Coordinator

We could have a race. You could count "okay", and I could count "The thing is", and we'd see who has more by the end.

(They often go together, because he often pauses after "the thing is" and inserts an "okay".)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

TOTALLY!

"The thing is, when we shot this scene, okay, there were no real location that we could afford, okay, so we just had to, you know, figure it out, alright. Cause the thing is, okay, in Hollywood, alright, you can't just..."

No, QT didn't grow up in the valley or anything. lol.

The True Romance commentary is definitely him solo. He fills the entire movie with constant talking, only forcing himself to be quiet for the "Sicilian Speech" scene.
I love him, he's just like a really over stimulated kid. haha.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Reservoir Dogs SE also has a Tarantino commentary, but it's actually just cut together from interviews, so the rule still applies. :)

Chris

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Finally, actual news! From ComingSoon:

Of course, who knows how long for the DVD to come out, but it's progress, at least.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Now the question is... are the rumored SE's going to be THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR or double dips of the regular versions?

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Mr. Brown called it the "Japanese" version. I was looking forward too the "Cannes" (Film Fest) version.
Anyone know, if the "Japanese" is the same as the 'one' film version shown at Cannes?
Thanks.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
The Japanese version of Volume 2 was slightly different as well. I believe the scene with Esteban was slightly extended. As I've said before (I believe in this thread) there will most likely be other changes made to the films when combined, mostly minor stuff like the removal of the Volume 2 teaser at the end of Volume 1, the Volume 1 recap at the beginning of Volume 2, all references to Volumes whatsoever, the BB revelation and an all-encompassing end-credit sequence instead of the two seperate ones.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Gregory, I believe that when Bill GrandPre mentioned removal of "the BB revelation," he was referring to the revelation at the end of Vol. 1, where Bill asks Sophie if The Bride knows that her daughter is still alive. It makes sense that they just added it on as a hook for Vol. 2, once it was decided that there would be two movies instead of one.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it was never intended to be there but they needed a "cliffhanger". As written, the audience would find out about BB when the Bride does: when she first sees her. It works better that way, anyways.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Yahoooooooo!
Thanks Travis & Bill.
Sounds like the best of both (Cannes & Japanese) worlds!

Now if MarMax can lay off the EE (and/or filtering)...
Give each 'film' a separate disc w/DTS 24/96, with a third disc for extra's. Even though that would break the movie back into two, I'd be willing to get up halfway though. Just to see & hear the best quality possible for SD DVD.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

I agree. I'd like to see the movies more or less intact - with credit sequences for both - with footage added back ala the LOTR extended editions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks