What's new

Kill Bill - Japanese release with Sword!!!! 3000 copies only. (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Thanks Rob!

actually could not find Alien head on either site... will keep searching...

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
The Alien Head set is sold out and $280 if it ain't. I want one too if I could only find someplace that listed it.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
If anything, the Bearbrick figure might be the real collectible piece in that set. Kubrick and Bearbrick figures are notoriously collectible, many fetching hundreds of dollars in asian toy shops just months after they hit the streets. They've done awesome little firgures for Reservoir Dogs, Evangelion, Universal Monsters (2 sets!), Back To The Future, Marvel Superheroes, Minority Report, Battle Royale (which I've tried to find for years now!), Bruce Lee and many others. Some are still available. Some are extremely rare. I have some of them and the attention to detail is really quite clever, right down to bullet holes, scars, accessories, etc. Pretty cool considering how easy these things are to make, what with the same body molds being used for just about everything.

This site shows some of the toys in the series:
http://www.ningyoushi.com/medicom/kubrick/

And this is medicom's site (you might have to surf around a bit to find the figures.)

www.medicomtoy.co.jp

I've yet to find any Kill Bill Bearbrick figures on line or in the stores in Chinatown, which leads me to think that this will be a very rare bear indeed. I'm not a big fan of the Bearbricks, but a Kill Bill bear would be a real talkpiece. Odds are it's be worth big money a few months down the road (if anyone could stand to part with it!)

earl_roberts

Stunt Coordinator
If that is the figure that comes with this set then that was on eBay AGEEEES ago plus that t-shirt looks kind of blah!
The little sword looks cool but the set isn't worth it just for that IMO.
I think its a given that the Japenese cut will appear in the two volume mega set. Tarantino knows how big the demand for it is and I'm guessing he knows how annoying it is buying something cut so I got a feeling he'll come through and the mega-set will be special. I'm also guessing there will be another limited Japenese set featuring both volumes too.

earl_roberts

Stunt Coordinator
If that is the figure that comes with this set then that was on eBay AGEEEES ago plus that t-shirt looks kind of blah!
The little sword looks cool but the set isn't worth it just for that IMO.
I think its a given that the Japenese cut will appear in the two volume mega set. Tarantino knows how big the demand for it is and I'm guessing he knows how annoying it is buying something cut so I got a feeling he'll come through and the mega-set will be special. I'm also guessing there will be another limited Japenese set featuring both volumes too.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
The t-shirt is the same that The Bride was wearing when she is talking with Hatori Hanzo for the first time ("You should learn Japanese... very easy").

Also, I don't think there is a chance of an unrated cut unless Disney changes their release policy in the US. Disney has never released a film rated NC-17 or UNRATED and I believe it is against their policy to (correct me if I'm wrong).

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator
We have had definite confirmation from Universal Japan that there will be no English subtitles just for the Japanese speaking parts of the movie. It will be the same deal as with the 4-Disc Japanese Dances With Wolves release, you have to turn the subtitles on / off when you want them or have them on for the whole span of the movie.

Our article here.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Well, as its a Miramax title (owned by Disney), they do not have to follow the same restrictions as Disney titles. I don't know of any Miramax titles that have an 'Uncut' version and were not released on DVD due to a restriction by Disney. In fact the DVD release for "The Osbournes: The First Season" was a Miramax title and part of the marketing from Miramax was how it was "totally uncensored" and contained explicit language. It certainly would not have been released if Miramax had to adhere to Disney's standards.

I would not be the least bit surprised if QT gets an R1 release of his uncut version.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The Osbournes was in R territory, even if the MPAA didn't rate it. Miramax has never released an unrated movie that was unable to garner an R.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Dan,

Is there an example where Miramax had an unrated version of a film that was not released on DVD due to Disney or their own company policy?

If QT feels strongly that the uncut version is the better version, we will very likely see it on an R1 release.

Aaron SC

Auditioning
Nils,

Wes Craven's Scream is an example of a Miramax (released through their Dimension label) film whose unrated cut has yet to see the light of day on DVD -- specifically for the reasons mentioned above. The unrated version was once available on laser, but only because the LD was distributed by a third party (Image, if I remember correctly).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks