What's new

Kill Bill Dvd 2/3 04 (1 Viewer)

Derek Faber

Stunt Coordinator
What is the difference between the N.American cuts vs the Japanese cut?

I've seen the Japanese cut, what was removed from it?

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
There are several edits between the Japanese and the US cut but the biggest one is that the Bride vs. the Crazy 88 was in black and white.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

Yeah, right now it's at $66 million, and it'll probably top out right around $70 million.

That's actually pretty good, considering both films cost $55 million together.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to the eventual full epic, since I never believed that cutting it in half was right in the first place. QT made it as a four hour epic, and dammit I want my 4 hour epic! Not sure if I like this idea of 2 different SEs, but at least they're being up front about them coming...

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
So when exactly did Tarantino become a sellout?
Yeah, man, Kill Bill is a total sellout movie. You can really tell when you watch it that Quentin just cares about the money and not about filmmaking at all. They should never release it on DVD at all. That would be the real hardcore way to not be a sellout. Even releasing it in the theatres and charging people money for tickets was a pretty sellout thing to do - he should've kept it real and just dubbed VHS copies for free for everyone.

DJ

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Yeah, man, Kill Bill is a total sellout movie. You can really tell when you watch it that Quention just cares about the money and not about filmmaking at all. They should never release it on DVD at all. That would be the real hardcore way to not be a sellout. Even releasing it in the theatres and charging people money for tickets was a pretty sellout thing to do - he should've kept it real and just dubbed VHS copies for free for everyone.

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Only 66 million? Tarantino can release Kill Bill 10 times , and I will buy every one of them to show my support for this great film.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking about it big time already, I can't imagine a better movie when it comes to great DVD stuff. I'm gonna really play fair as far as the DVD's concerned, you know? We'll come up with separate DVDs for Volume 1 and Volume 2 and I'll do special stuff for each of those. Then we'll come up with a real big version with them both together but I won't repeat the special stuff I put on Volume 1 and Volume 2. I'll do something whole other from that. I might even do some other little movie thing just to go on that special double feature version. I'm all about being a collector man. You know? Come out with all the different junk you can.
*mouth drools*

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Fine, people don't have problems dishing out more money for 2 DVD releases instead of 1. It's your money.

It's funny that I hear people complain because studio's hold back on the initial release of DVDs, then re-release them as SE's the 2nd time (sometimes the 3rd time).

I guess because it's Tarantino, then it's acceptable.

Zak Hepburn

Stunt Coordinator
I will buy different versions of the this disc if the material is worth the upgrade,I think the reason I don't mind doing this(same can be said with LOTR) is that the company/Director has been up front about the release plan and It does not seem like and after thought

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I could be wrong, but I think Taratino is sincere. If he was nothing more than a "movie-geek" collector (as opposed to what he actually is...a "movie-geek" director) then he probably would enthusiastically purchase all DVD versions of a movie like Kill Bill, especially if the extras were unique in each version.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Can't wait. I hope they limit it to 3 DVD releases 2 bare bones for both half movies and one huge set with both together.

nice sig Rob Lutter! ;)

So when exactly did Tarantino become a sellout?
Doesn't selling out mean putting out something of lesser quality in favor of making money? I think Kill Bill(1st Half) is his best movie yet.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
First, the movie, while yes, the first half of a movie, does feel like a complete experience. To me, at least.
Second, I think as long as studios/producers are up front about souped-up editions coming later (like Tarantino/Miramax is, unlike Columbia Tristar who are apparently planning an Adaptation SE less than a year after the first release), then that's cool.
Third, when a movie like "The Matrix Reloaded" makes more in its opening week than this movie does in its entire run, there's something wrong and I'll more than happily support this film in any DVD release it gets.

richardWI

Second Unit
I can't wait to own it on DVD, but I guess this rules out a theatrical re-release of Vol. 1 while Vol. 2 is in the theaters. How cool would it be to watch both movies back to back on the big screen?

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
So for February 3rd my purchases include

Kill Bill: Volume 1
Lost in Translation
My Fair Lady: 2-disc Special Edition

What a day for DVDs!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks