Kickstart my heart <3 (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Good question!
Even so, there is a more fundamental question: Can Kickstarter serve as a platform for celebrities looking to raise six- or seven figures without somehow intimidating or deflecting attention from aspiring artists and inventors with more modest ambitions who might otherwise use the service? As it turns out, it's Strickler, the Kickstarter co-founder, who best expressed this concern in an interview with Fast Company earlier this year.

"The thing is, if Michael Bay came along and wanted to do a Kickstarter we'd probably tell him, please don't," Strickler said at the time.
http://mashable.com/2013/04/29/has-kickstarter-lost-its-way/

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hopefully Kickstarter will not go the way of eBay, completely forsaking the little guy in favor of major players.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Good luck Cam. I have seen a number of these and haven't felt compelled to take part. I believe that efforts which are highly location specific have a very tough road ahead.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
They aren't doing too badly with 19 days left, though their support may have plateaued. There's potential, being in a college town and being just off campus, they can tap into some the alumni nostalgia for the place.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks