1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenwood VR6060 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BobMcN, Mar 19, 2003.

1. BobMcN

BobMcN Extra

I just got a VR6060 delivered to my home - haven't even seen it yet. As I understand it it's a 6.1 receiver. There is a 6th amplified channel that can be used for the subwoofer or a rear center. What if I want both?

My sub is self powered, but I will definitely need bass management. Is there a separate hookup/jack for the sub that gives me bass management without amplification, and still allows me to have a 6th speaker in the rear?

Thanks,
    Bob

2. RobWil

RobWil Supporting Actor

Are you saying you want a front and rear subwoofer, both with bass management, plus a rear center?
    If yes, than you can't do that, at least you can't having the receiver do the bass management for both subs.
    I think in order to do that at all you'd have to wire your rear speakers to your rear sub and use the crossover on the sub for bass management, if it has those controls on it.Then you'd wire the rear center to the speaker terminals for the 6th channel. You only have 1 sub-out connection and it is for a powered sub.
    Or did you just mean you have a 1 sub system?
    If that's the case then you're OK...just use the sub-out jack to your powered sub and you'd have bass management through the receiver, then you'd wire your rear center to the 6th channel speaker terminals.
    Here's a view of the back of the receiver.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...060&display=XL

3. GregLee

GregLee Stunt Coordinator

4. RobWil

RobWil Supporting Actor

That's true...you'd have 2 subs, both with bass management but no surround center.

Hmmm....my 'b' is getting flaky on my keyoard so if I post without b's you'll at least know why
    My above remark had 4 b's and it missed them all...I had to go ack and add them [​IMG]