1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenwood VR-506: Can I have S-Video and RCA vid components and all working?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jamie Bunker, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Jamie Bunker

Jamie Bunker Member

I need some help guys. I just bought an XBox (yah me!). I am hooking it up to my receiver via the standard RCA video in/out to the Video 2 section on my receiver. I seem to get sound but no video. I have tried to plug the thing into my front Aux inputs and the same thing. I should also say that Bell Express Vu (Canadian Satelite) does and has always worked fine via Video 1 and my DVD player works fine going through the DVD setting.

I think I know what the problem is. It appears that my Receiver will not work in a mixed environment, meaning RCA vid and S Video. Right now all of my video connections are S Video. (receiver to TV and receiver to components). As soon as I disconnect the SVHS connection from my receiver to my TV the xbox video works. Unfortuantely, my other devices (Sat Dish and DVD player do not). I have scoured the instructions and no luck. Also looked on the web but cannot find anything either. Anyone have any further suggestions? Also, I do not have a free Svid input connection on my receiver (aside form my front Aux inputs). Only component and RCA inputs are free. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance.

2. Jamie Bunker

Jamie Bunker Member

Please, can anyone help me with this? Can I use a mix of RCA Video an Svideo components (xbox, vcr, dvd, Digital Satelite) if my receiver outputs to a tv via an S video connection? I have a Kenwood VR506 receiver.

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Well-Known Member

4. JayDaniel

JayDaniel Well-Known Member

All you need is a $5.25 part to solve your problem. Parts Express has an RCA to S-Video adapter (Part #180-141):
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...ID=15509&DID=7
    Like you, I had everything in my system S-video except my VCR. I bought this adapter and now everything runs to my receiver, and only one s-video cable out to my TV. Now, I don't have to push buttons on my TV remote AND receiver remote when I change video souces (TV, DVD, VCR etc.).
    Hope this helps.
    JayDaniel