What's new

Kenneth Branagh's HAMLET -- the ultimate, merged, when-oh-when thread (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
If you purchased the whole Warner Home Video Shakespeare Collection, you can also see a 26 year old Jacobi in his cinematic debut as Cassio in the 1965 "Othello".
Right.
No, I didn't purchase the set, but I purchased Othello. :)
Cees

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Cees Alons said:
Right.
No, I didn't purchase the set, but I purchased Othello. :)
Cees
How is that DVD of Othello? Is it pan&scan like the broadcast version was, or is it anamorphically enhanced?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Unlike Hamlet, the new Othello hasn't arrived here yet. To the very best of my knowledge it's anamorphic and "widescreen" (1.66:1).
(BTW, I ordered it from DVD Planet, where the price is $13,96!)
I also own an R2 UK-version of 2004, and if my DVDs weren't temporarily stacked in big boxes because of the construction of my new HT (almost ready now :) ), I could have told right away what that one was. I seem to remember widescreen, but I'm not sure about anamorphic.
Sorry, for being so vague. But when the new R1 version is delivered, I'll post about it.
Cees

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Ken_McAlinden said:
I reviewed the entire Shakespeare set for the forum. The thread is located here:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=261474
"Othello" looks great. It was shot in Panavision and is presented in a 16:9 enhanced 2.35:1 transfer. :emoji_thumbsup:
Regards,
I am actually really excited about that set.
Very diverse indeed
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Clay_E

Second Unit
Slightly OT, but I just wish they'd release Branagh's IN THE BLEAK MIDWINTER/A MIDWINTER'S TALE on DVD... :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks