1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

KDF-E50A10 Geometry Problem

Discussion in 'Displays' started by DeepakJR, Nov 25, 2005.

1. DeepakJR

DeepakJR Well-Known Member

I've been gone for a while guys, and now im back with more problems to solve. I just picked up a KDF-E50A10 and I love it, however, the geometry on the left side of the screen is realyl screwy. Looking at the test pattersn in AVIA makes this all the more obvious. I previous had a nice 47" Panny which had plenty information about it available; which is quite the contrary to this beauty. Ive been searching both here and at AVS (not to mention Google) with no avail. Someone please let me know what I can do.

Thanks!

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Well-Known Member

what do you mean by screwy? how screwy? This is an LCD, if it's minor lens-or mirror kind of screwy like warped that's one thing, if it's garbled or distorted strongly or something like that that's nastier...

3. DeepakJR

DeepakJR Well-Known Member

Significantly distorted. The geometry isnt straight and lined up with the right side. It seems as if the right side is a bit higher than the left and the shape of the left isnt straight. I have ordered a service manual from Sony and im hoping this will help me fix this.

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Well-Known Member

that sounds like a smooth distortion, that would indicate something like a warped mirror. there won't really be geometry problems that would be fixable with the 3 panels, doesn't sound like any have become misaligned. If the picture was scrably looking, that would indicate internal electronic problems. Can you take a peek inside at the mirror(s) or have a tech take a peek?