What's new

Kaleidescape Unveils Cinema One Server/Player (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Kaleidescape has introduced the Cinema One targeted at the mid range high-performance home entertainment equipment enthusiast. The Cinema One is priced at $3,995 price, almost $10,000 less than the starting price on the previous server. It is roughly the size of a standard DVR.

The Cinema One includes enough onboard storage capacity to hold 100 Blu-ray or 600 DVD-quality movies transferred from optical discs to the onboard hard drive without removing or altering embedded copy protection. The unit will also access Kaleidescape’s recently launched movie-download service that delivers Blu-ray-quality movies to customer’s hard drives over a broadband Internet connection.

The Cinema One will be distributed through Magnolia Design Centers, direct through Kaleidescape’s online store, and through the company’s network of more than 1,800 A/V specialty dealers worldwide.

I'm wondering if 100 Blu-ray discs is really enough to make this attractive? Has anyone seen their movie-download service that delivers "Blu-ray quality" movies?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I've played with earlier versions and a few of the theatres I've designed, the owners ended up with one.Is there a better and less expensive version of this out there? Sure.But can Grandma use it when babysitting the grandkids? Well, the Kaleiescapes she can...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks