1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaiju Big Battel? -- What is It?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Cory-C, May 4, 2004.

1. Cory-C

Cory-C Member

I have seen this DVD advertised a few times ... not sure what to make of it.

Anyone seen it? How funny is it?

What's the DVD like ... quality-wise, length-wise, special features-wise, etc?

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Well-Known Member

WWE + Godzilla = Kaiju Big Battel

I am bitterly disappointed that there first live Boston show in what must be a year was the same night as the local film festival.

3. RonOlszewski

RonOlszewski Member

It's pretty funny. What it amounts to is wrestling "big monster"-style. They have a bunch of wrestlers in costumes a la Godzilla and other Japanese rubber-suit monsters. The wrestling ring has models of buildings and other stuff in in, and then the two (or more) monsters BATTLE IT OUT!! Or, to be more accurate, basically wrestle.

What elevates it above being really lame is the commentary and the bizarre "stories" that go on, complete with wrestler rivalries, surprise appearances, and other standard wrestling theatrics. It's a great DVD to have for no other purpose than to put it on for your friends and relatives and watch them go "Huh?!" [​IMG]

4. Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau Well-Known Member

Is this stuff American or is it from Japan? Subbed or dubbed? Can't tell from the packaging.

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Well-Known Member

It's American; I believe they're based out of Boston (we certainly have a lot of Kaiju promotional stickers stuck all over the place).

6. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Well-Known Member

I picked it up after seeing some clips on MTV.
    weird stuff....