What's new

KA-POW! The Official "Unofficial" DC/Marvel Animated Movies & Shows Thread (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Okay, comic book lovers get ready tp have your asses blown off. I've got the Japanese teaser for that new X-MEN Anime series that's gonna be airing on the G4 channel. Oh, Jesus, I can't wait for this! Even though WOLVERINE got his own anime series, he's also in this one.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Another treat, I just located the Japanese Opening Credits to the WOLVERINE series. It's airing over in Japan this April, apparently, we Americans won't get it until later in the year.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
The X-Men series looks cool, as far as animation style goes. Not to sure about Woverine.

He looks tough in X-Men, but on his show, he looks a bit wimpy. Like some Ninja Scroll character with Woverine's blades...if you know what i mean.

Regardless, thanks for sharing.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Dwayne McDuffie, writer of All-Star Superman, died earlier today. He also created the Static Shock character (which was another DC TV series).

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
A bit disappointed in my first DVD/Blu-Ray combo. There were a list of special features on the back, with a division of ones mentioned solely on the Blu-Ray dvd, so I assumed those other extras would be available on the standard version. Nope. I put the standard DVD on and all I got was the option to PLAY MOVIE and choose LANGUAGES. Crap, man. Gotta wait for a player to access ALL those extras. And, I don't know about any of you guys, but I don't like the smaller design package blues come in. They don't stack right next to my standards. Too small. Eh, I'll live with, though. At least the movie plays. Don't know if I'll buy a combo again, I like those special features too much to wait.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Oh, shit!

Originally Posted by AlexF
Dwayne McDuffie, writer of All-Star Superman, died earlier today. He also created the Static Shock character (which was another DC TV series).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm really quite disappointed in All-Star Superman. There's so much jumping from one thing to another apparently in order to "fit" everything in, nothing gets the time to breath it deserves. The introduction of Samson and Atlas, for example, is handled in...what...five, maybe seven minutes total? Samson mentions Supes will do the greatest things of his life before he dies and then that entire thread is closed. Superman trusting Lois with his Clark personae and the fortress should have given the film fodder for the entire running time, but it's given the short end of the stick. The two Kryptonians (I think) that show up when Supes is off world? Lex's really super quick turn around in the later stages of the story? Maybe if they focused on original work in the future instead of adapting existing storylines, the films could actually tell a coherent story.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I thought All star Superman was terrible. I couldn't make sense of it at all. It jumped around through a bunch of different things, no storyline lasted more then a few minutes and I couldn't figure out how any of it connected to anything. Oh, superman is poisoned.. then lizard people show up. Then Samson and Atlas. Then the sun eater. Then there was the discovery of rebuilding all of Krypton in miniture somewhere else in the universe. Then there was..... it was like a check list of just weird stuff that happened one after another. It made literally NO sense

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Aside: If you have the chance... read the story that this movie is based on. It's one of the better Superman stories in the last ~20 years or so.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Wow, I haven't watched it yet. But, sucking?! Really?! Uh, well, that's interesting news.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Here's the official trailer for DC's animated movie, GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD KNIGHTS. Might give this one a try. That trailer certainly knocked me off my feet.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by SWFF
Yes, WONDER WOMAN is quite good. Heard DC nixed plans for a sequel.
Too bad. It was a single cohesive story all the way through with some good moments. I really enjoyed the entire setup, actually.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I also heard it didn't sell well, which is why, I think, the sequel was terminated. I like it, though.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I heard the same justification over and over, though I don't quite believe it. From what I gather, WW didn't sell wonderfully, but it still ranks ahead of New Frontier, Batman: Gotham Knight, Green Lantern, Crisis on Two Earths and Apocalypse in terms on units sold. Dollar wise, it's ahead of New Frontier, Green Lantern, Crisis on Two Earths, Under the Red Hood, Apocalypse and DC Showcase. It has an 86% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Unless it cost an astronomical amount to make above any of the other films, I think "success" is being used as a smokescreen. WW was very violent and featured a female in the lead role. Maybe those, with having a hard time getting a story AND the TV or movie adaptations, really killed it.

Originally Posted by SWFF
I also heard it didn't sell well, which is why, I think, the sequel was terminated. I like it, though.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Who knows, I'm just relaying what I read in an interview with Lauren Montgomery, the director of WONDER WOMAN. Maybe, they'll actually do a sequel now that I understand the live-action WONDER WOMAN series has gotten some traction.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by Jason_V
I heard the same justification over and over, though I don't quite believe it. From what I gather, WW didn't sell wonderfully, but it still ranks ahead of New Frontier, Batman: Gotham Knight, Green Lantern, Crisis on Two Earths and Apocalypse in terms on units sold. Dollar wise, it's ahead of New Frontier, Green Lantern, Crisis on Two Earths, Under the Red Hood, Apocalypse and DC Showcase. It has an 86% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Unless it cost an astronomical amount to make above any of the other films, I think "success" is being used as a smokescreen. WW was very violent and featured a female in the lead role. Maybe those, with having a hard time getting a story AND the TV or movie adaptations, really killed it.
Where do you find the units sold information? Do you have a website link? I have always wondered...

Wonder Woman was fantastic. This coming from a grown female fan of the comic book genre. My husband laughs at me and rolls his eyes but I still purchase the animated comic adventures. Such fun!

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Originally Posted by Towergrove
This coming from a grown female fan of the comic book genre. My husband laughs at me and rolls his eyes but I still purchase the animated comic adventures. Such fun!
This is very nice to hear.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Towergrove
Where do you find the units sold information? Do you have a website link? I have always wondered...

Granted...it is from Wikipedia, but it has legit footnote information for each sales number.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks