What's new

KA-POW! The Official "Unofficial" DC/Marvel Animated Movies & Shows Thread (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Titles for USM episodes in Feb: "Ultimate Spider-Man 2-04 Kraven the Hunter Original Airdate - February 3rd, 2013 Ultimate Spider-Man 2-05 Hawkeye Original Airdate - February 10th, 2013 Ultimate Spider-Man
2-06 The Sinister Six
Original Airdate - February 17th, 2013"

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
[SIZE= 14px]"The second season of Ultimate Spider-Man debuts tonight with two all-new episodes beginning at 7:00pm (ET/PT)!"[/SIZE]

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
I'd pay real money for a version of this show that had all the awful kiddy-bits cut out, In between those, it's really not bad. I find it completely unwatchable as it is, though. It seems to be designed for viewers who find Pokemon too complicated and adult.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
[color=rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px;]Here's my assessment of the new season, as I posted it on my DVD NEWS FLASH Facebook page last night: "Well, got done watching the back to back premiere of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, and say what you will about the first season, at least, its one major asset was its outstanding action animation. Better than anything Marvel has produced to date. But, like most of Marvel's toons, once the second season starts the action animation takes a hit. Very noticeable with SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN. I can only recall a[/color] handful of eps that were animated in the action department really great. At least when THE AVENGER's second season debuted the downgrade wasn't as bad and was STILL watchable. ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, as I expected took a downgrade, too, but with this series it's noticeable. VERY noticeable. I'm curious why Marvel does this. It started with SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN."

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Here's the press release for Cartoon Network's 2013-2014 seasons and it looks like they also cancelled GREEN LANTERN. I knew they they had already killed YOUNG JUSTICE, but I thought GREEN LANTERN was pulling in solid ratings. CLICK HERE

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I have an archival question that maybe some of you can help me with. I seem to remember one of the DC animated titles had in its bonus material the original pilot for the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman show, but I sure can't recall which one. Can anyone help? One of my kids really wants to see it, and I know I have it somewhere. Thanks!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I know the Aquaman pilot was Included as an extra disc on some Warner TV sets but I don't remember the Wonder Woman one.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I found it - it was Crisis on Two Earths, which also had the Aquaman pilot. Thanks for that tip.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Finally got to watch Dark Knight Returns I & II, and enjoyed them very much. Very faithful to the source, and well written and animated. Looking forward to what they do next.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Cover art revealed. Keep in mind this was pushed off unil 12/3. CGI looks too primitive. So, money saved.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Something has to be wrong with the movie for it to be pushed from Q2 all the way to Q4. Iron Man 3 will have hit DVD/BD LONG before December, so there's no tie in opportunity there. There's no new Hulk this year and the new Thor movie wouldn't have anything to do with this.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
It could be the CGI. It ain't Pixar style, that's for sure, and the GREEN LANTERN series has better looking CGI than this movie does. Check out the trailer. It's serviceable at best. Maybe, they've gotten bad feedback on it.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Premiere dates have been set, finally, for AVENGERS ASSEMBLE an HULK AND THE AGENTS OF S.M.A.S.H. toons: Source: Comic Book Movie Marvel's latest animated television program, Avengers Assemble, which includes a roster of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Falcon will debut Sunday, July 7, at 11 AM. However a special one-hour preview will be shown on Sunday, May 26, at 11 AM. Laura Bailey provides the voice of Black Widow, Adrian Pasdar voices Iron Man, Troy Baker does the same for Hawkeye, Bumper Robinson will be the voice behind Falcon, Roger Craig Smith portrays Captain America, Fred Tatasciore voices Hulk and Travis Willingham lends his voice talents to The Mighty Thor. The show is reportedly told from the viewpoint of The Falcoln, the newest member of The Avengers as he adventures with his new teammates. Marvel's other animated show, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., which includes a roster of Hulk, She-Hulk, A-Bomb, Rulk and Skaar will premiere Sunday, Aug. 11, at 11 AM. Clancy Brown provides the voice of Rulk, Benjamin Diskin does the same for Skaar, Eliza Dushku portrays She-Hulk, Seth Green voices A-Bomb and Fred Tatasciore provides the voice for the Hulk. Little is known about the plot but apparently all of these gamma monsters will be living under one roof.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Official Press Release: MARVEL UNIVERSE BLOCK ON DISNEY XD EXPANDS WITH THE PREMIERE OF TWO HIGHLY ANTICIPATED SERIES - “MARVEL’S AVENGERS ASSEMBLE” ON SUNDAY, JULY 7 AND “MARVEL’S HULK AND THE AGENTS OF S.M.A.S.H.” ON SUNDAY, AUGUST 11 A Special One-Hour Preview of “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble” To Debut Sunday, May 26 on Marvel Universe on Disney XD The popular Marvel Universe programming block on Disney XD will expand with more action, adventure and humor with the debut of two new animated series “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble,” which continues the exciting adventures of Marvel’s most popular super heroes – Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow and newcomer Falcon, and “Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.,” which features the incredible Hulk, She-Hulk, Red Hulk, A-Bomb and Skaar; it was announced today by David Levine, Vice President and General Manager, Disney XD Worldwide and Jeph Loeb, Executive Vice President & Head of Television, Marvel Entertainment. Kicking off the marvelous summer programming is a special one-hour preview of “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble” on SUNDAY, MAY 26, followed by the series premiere on SUNDAY, JULY 7. “Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents S.M.A.S.H.” premieres SUNDAY, AUGUST 11 (all at 11:00 a.m., ET/PT) on Marvel Universe on Disney XD. With the hit series “Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man” as its centerpiece, Marvel Universe is the destination for kids and families to enjoy original animated Marvel TV content, including series and interstitials that uniquely spotlight the legendary Marvel characters while bringing their mighty powers to life. “Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man” season two debuted in January 2013, and to date, is Disney XD’s #1 animated series in target demos Kids 2-11 (265,000/0.7 rating), Boys 2-11 (197,000/1.0 rating) and Boys 6-11 (138,000/1.1 rating). The record-breaking blockbuster film “Marvel’s The Avengers” gave worldwide prominence to the most popular super hero team — Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow. “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble” reunites the team, along with newcomer Falcon, marking the first time in animation history this distinct team of heroes will join forces. Led by Iron Man, the heroes train and live together in their new headquarters in Avengers Tower. The planet’s most dangerous villains don’t stand a chance when the Avengers assemble – whether they are stopping Dr. Doom from conquering Asgard, Attuma driving the Atlantean Army into New York City or Dracula unleashing vampire hordes, the Avengers must work together to succeed. Joining the Marvel Universe block on Sunday, August 11 is “Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.” Hulk has long fought alone to protect a world that sees him as a monster, but his friend Rick Jones has taken it upon himself to film the world-saving exploits of Big Green and his team to change that image. In this never before seen team up of Hulk, his cousin She-Hulk, A-Bomb, Red Hulk and Skaar, Marvel’s mightiest super heroes form an eccentric family living under one roof, working together to tackle threats that are too enormous for other heroes to handle. From trying to house break their giant red pet T-Rex to stopping Ego the Living Planet from crashing into the Earth, the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. must learn to balance Hulk-sized action with everyday family-sized problems. “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble” stars Adrian Pasdar (“Heroes”) as Iron Man, Fred Tatasciore (“Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness”) reprising his role as Hulk, Roger Craig Smith (“Wreck-It Ralph”) as Captain America, Travis Willingham (“Shelf Life”) as Thor, Troy Baker (“Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man”) as Hawkeye, Laura Bailey (“The Super Hero Squad Show”) as Black Widow and Bumper Robinson (“The Game”) as Falcon. Man of Action Studios (“Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man,” “Ben 10″) — comprised of Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle — will serve as executive producer. “Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.” stars Fred Tatasciore (“Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness”) as Hulk, Clancy Brown (“The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes”) as Red Hulk, Eliza Dushku (“Dollhouse”) as She-Hulk, Ben Diskin (“Codename: Kids Next Door”) as Skaar and Emmy Award-winning Seth Green (“Robot Chicken”) as A-Bomb. The creative talents of Emmy Award-writer Paul Dini (“Batman: The Animated Series,” “Lost”) and Henry Gilroy (“Star Wars: The Clone Wars”) have been tapped for this series. Disney XD is a basic cable channel and multi-platform brand showcasing a compelling mix of live-action and animated programming for Kids age 6-14, hyper-targeting boys and their quest for discovery, accomplishment, sports, adventure and humor. Disney XD branded content spans television, online, mobile and VOD platforms. The programming includes series, movies and short-form, as well as sports-themed programming developed with ESPN. In the U.S., Disney XD is seen on a 24-hour, advertiser supported network that reaches over 78 million households via its basic cable and satellite affiliates. For more information visit http://www.DisneyXD.com/ Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit http://www.marvel.com/

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
"“Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man” season two debuted in January 2013, and to date, is Disney XD’s #1 animated series in target demos Kids 2-11 (265,000/0.7 rating), Boys 2-11 (197,000/1.0 rating) and Boys 6-11 (138,000/1.1 rating)." Says it all really. They are aiming at an audience with a maximum age of 11 and utilising material that they think a 2 year old will enjoy. Having seen Ultimate Spider-Man, I find this quite believable. The constant wise-cracks, Pokemon style "humerous" bits, breaking of the fourth wall and rapid cutting ...I would pay real money for someone to edit all the junk out, kinda like someone sanitised the Star Wars sequels of JarJar Binks It's a darn shame that Disney has apparently elected to focus on this age group, and (I guess) will be tailoring the new Avengers and Hulk series (the series name is a dead giveaway) for the same, leaving very little for older children (and by extension, adult) audiences

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I think AVENGERS ASSEMBLE will be more to our liking, just based on the fact that it's getting a sneak peek ahead of it's scheduled premiere date and SMASH is not. The plot synopsis to SMASH feels like it's aimed at the kiddies, more so than the one for AVENGERS. But we'll know for sure come May.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks