What's new

JVC RX-8020VBK A/V receiver (1 Viewer)

Stan_S

Auditioning
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with the JVC RX-8020VBK A/V receiver? It looks interesting, all the bells and whistles, with some cool technology, front mounted USB port...

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
I have the 9010 and am pleased with it, although it doesn't have DPLII. Lots of good features and power for the price. I'm sure that this year's models are even better (the xx20 series).

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Stan,
I too considered the 8020 before I got my Pioneer 811...It's a cool receiver if you're not interested in "out of the box" DD-EX 6.1 surround. If you'll notice, you have to buy a seperate amplified speaker for DD EX 6.1 or DTS ES to work :frowning:
Considering the price, you're better off with something like the fully equipped (less USB) 811. It's a great sounding DD EX receiver. I replaced my Outlaw 1050 with the 811, and don't regret it.
Alfer

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Bought my daughter the 9010 as a gift & she just loves it especially the RF Remote Control. She lives out of state & her boyfriend set it up for her & he told me it sounded really good but it was not as "clean" as his Onkyo but for the price & features he thought it was a steal. She plugs her laptop into the USB port & she tells me everything works fine. I just hapened to talk to JVC & they told me there is NO REPLACEMENT MODEL FOR THE 9010. If your working on a limited budget I would say to checkout the JVC but also take a look at the Pioneer 811 & Panasonic SA-HE100 both of these receivers have the amp for the 6th channel built in. On the JVC you would have to add an amp. to power the 6th channel. If you need a phono input though, the Pioneer doesn't have one.

Stan_S

Auditioning
Thanks everyone.

I got the Pioneer VSX-D811S, pretty much just giving up the USB port on the JVC but I can get a network interface like the Audiotron by Turtle Beach to hook my network into the sound system. I love the Pioneer, it sounds great but still need to do more sound position adjustment. I think I'm going to pick up a Radio Shack SPL meter to get it set up properly...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks