What's new

JVC AV48WP30 48" or Panasonic PT-47WX42 47" (1 Viewer)

Marco F

Auditioning
Hi,I am torn between these 2 Widescreen Projection TV's.Can anyone recommend which would be a better buy or better unit.I can get the JVC for $1871.00 Canadian,but the Panny will run me about $2200.The Sears where I live only has the 47WX52 which has the protective screen and its an extra $300.So I would be looking at about $2500 for that one.I have to check if they ca also get the 42 model without the protective screen.Sounds like the JVC would be the better way to go only cause of the price difference.Thanks

Marcel_V

Stunt Coordinator
I would go to both websites and make a chart comparing all the features, and then decide which model has more/better features in the applications you will be using the TV for. i.e purely for movies, cable, hd, etc. Also do searches on this board, and you will find quite a few posts on pannys. I dont see quite as much information on JVCs. Also panny.tv has a nice tweak guide.

That said, I have a 47 panny and highly recommend it. If you are willing to do a little work in the service menu and do a couple of focus adjustments, it will look like sets costing much more. Outside of the service menu it doesnt offer fine convergence or some of the other tweaks that different models offer in the base menu though, such as mitsubishi.

Rick CH

Agent
You might want to read up on some of the posts over at Home Theater Spot, as there seems to be more messages about the JVC there. I remember reading something about some problems with the JVC set, though I can't remember or gauge how big they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks