1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

JVC 61G787 HDMI not working..any ideas?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Steve Adams, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Well-Known Member

I have a JVC d-ILA unit and the HDMI inputs are not working. anything I should look for?

its really frustrating me!

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings
    Turn TV on before the DVD player ... sometimes a handshake issue.
    Also unplug the TV for a few hours and see if a reset of some sort is in order.
    regards

3. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Well-Known Member

Found this over at another site
    Turn the TV on and enter the service menu (press the sleep timer and while the timer is on "0", press the display and the video status at the same time). Select 2 for self check. Then Power the TV off, and WAIT until after the fan turns off, unplug the power cord. Reconnect the power cord, turn the TV on, and the HDMI port should be reenabled.
    I did all of the above except unplugging at the end but it worked and my HDMI ports now work once again. After pushing the Sleep button and seeing "0" you must immediately press DISPLAY and VIDEO STATUS while the "0" is still on the screen. Scroll to Self Check and select this then Power Off the TV. Wait until the fan goes off and then when I turned the TV back on, I had the HDMI ports working again. If not then the JVC PRO # is 800-582-5825.
    These JVCs used an optical sensor for HDMI copy protection handshake that would shut down the HDMI connections if a bright light was shined on the connectors with the set turned on, so this was a frequent problem with them.

4. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Well-Known Member

I cannot get my tv to enter the service menu....

any ideas?

5. jbagley77

jbagley77 New Member

I tried your menu trick. Didn't work for me. The screen is still a mess. I get audio, but no coherent video. Arghhhh.

6. Dominic Bazile

Dominic Bazile New Member

The above solution worked for my fo JVC HD-52Z575 r years I thought it was a lost cause.