What's new

Justified - Season 4 (FX) (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So who could the third alum be? That one Truth kid looked a little familiar...was he in Deadwood?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
Also, I definitely didn't expect to see a rattlesnake get blasted in half with a shotgun while attached to someone's face.
Last night alone, this show had so many scenes you wouldn't see on another show. That was a big one, the other one being Raylan negotiating with the compromised FBI agent as to whether he'd allow him to commit suicide or not. And then, with the FBI agent having upheld his side of the bargain, he DOES let him. So far, this season is a step up from last season in every way. Like the second season, it has a tangible feeling of moving toward something dark and messy. EDIT: "step up"

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Adam Lenhardt said:
Last night alone, this show had so many scenes you wouldn't see on another show. That was a big one, the other one being Raylan negotiating with the compromised FBI agent as to whether he'd allow him to commit suicide or not. And then, with the FBI agent having upheld his side of the bargain, he DOES let him. So far, this season is a set up from last season in every way. Like the second season, it has a tangible feeling of moving toward something dark and messy.
The darker and the messier, the better, as long as Raylen and Boyd continue to infuse the show with their smart ass/ "I'm better and smarter than you" bad assery, I'll be very content.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
ScottH said:
That scene with the "Thruth's" was one of my favorites in the show's run. So were we to supposed to have already known that the guy in the opening scene of the season was Art?  I had no idea. "On a scale of one to a shit-load..."
I do not believe that is Art. Guys wife called him Sherman or something I believe.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
"You say the word 'chicken' one more time, and I'm going to shoot you".

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"You got a saw? You're gonna need a saw." Gerald McRaney's TV niece/stepdaughter on this almost seems like a window into how Loretta would have turned out had events not intervened.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I almost did not recognize Bonita Friedericy, since it was the first time seeing her not being in a uniform. With all the talk about taking Boyd down, we all know it won't happen, because Boyd is too good of a character to get rid of. Which only means, either Ellen May, the sheriff, or Johnny will not survive into next season. I guess Johnny forgotten what happened the last time someone tried to take him down.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Walter C said:
I almost did not recognize Bonita Friedericy, since it was the first time seeing her not being in a uniform. With all the talk about taking Boyd down, we all know it won't happen, because Boyd is too good of a character to get rid of. Which only means, either Ellen May, the sheriff, or Johnny will not survive into next season. I guess Johnny forgotten what happened the last time someone tried to take him down.
I think BOTH the sheriff and Johnny go down this season. IMO they are just marginal characters anyway.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I guess we found out who the third Deadwood alum will be in the gunfight that Jim Beaver tweeted about. I'm thinking it won't end well for the sheriff.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Shelley Hennig was one of the only reasons to be said that "The Secret Circle" was cancelled, so it was nice to see her pop up here. And there must be something in the water at the CW that makes all of the actors overact, because she was way better here than she ever was on that show. Behind that easy Southern smile, you could see the gears turning as Jackie Nevada recalculated the odds with each new left turn with Raylan. Smart and levelheaded, which made her much more dangerous than most of the people Raylan comes up against. There's that wonderful moment in the bar where Raylan's staring down Jody, and in the foreground Jody obviously doesn't think Raylan will shoot him and in the background Jackie realizes he will. As good as Yost and company are at approximating Elmore Leonard's style, you can tell when one of the characters he created pops up. There's a little extra spark. I hope the character turns up again. I also wouldn't be getting too comfortable if I were the overlords of Harlan County. They just threatened Boyd Crowder, and that has a tendency of not ending so well.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Love when Boyd corrected the smart ass Harlan County overlord's use of the word "placated" with the more appropriate "pacified". Boyd is just so smooth, the best anti-hero I've seen in years.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Richard V said:
Love when Boyd corrected the smart ass Harlan County overlord's use of the word "placated" with the more appropriate "pacified". Boyd is just so smooth, the best anti-hero I've seen in years.
I just logged on to call out this moment. Boyd rocks. While I'm not a fan of this revelation of a heretofore unknown cabal, I just love that they have dared to cross Boyd in such a way. They will pay, dear friends. Oh, how they will pay.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt
Shelley Hennig was one of the only reasons to be said that "The Secret Circle" was cancelled, so it was nice to see her pop up here. And there must be something in the water at the CW that makes all of the actors overact, because she was way better here than she ever was on that show. Behind that easy Southern smile, you could see the gears turning as Jackie Nevada recalculated the odds with each new left turn with Raylan. Smart and levelheaded, which made her much more dangerous than most of the people Raylan comes up against. There's that wonderful moment in the bar where Raylan's staring down Jody, and in the foreground Jody obviously doesn't think Raylan will shoot him and in the background Jackie realizes he will. As good as Yost and company are at approximating Elmore Leonard's style, you can tell when one of the characters he created pops up. There's a little extra spark. I hope the character turns up again.
I also wouldn't be getting too comfortable if I were the overlords of Harlan County. They just threatened Boyd Crowder, and that has a tendency of not ending so well.
I didn't see her in the background.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Quentin said:
While I'm not a fan of this revelation of a heretofore unknown cabal, I just love that they have dared to cross Boyd in such a way. They will pay, dear friends. Oh, how they will pay.
It didn't seem like that much of a stretch, given that the show up until now has focused more or less exclusively on the seedy underbelly of Harlan. It makes sense that the other end of the spectrum would have some scumbags, too.
Robert Crawford said:
I didn't see her in the background. 
She was in the doorway of the bar, directly behind Raylan.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt
It didn't seem like that much of a stretch, given that the show up until now has focused more or less exclusively on the seedy underbelly of Harlan. It makes sense that the other end of the spectrum would have some scumbags, too.
She was in the doorway of the bar, directly behind Raylan.
I just played back that portion of the episode a couple of times and she didn't appear in the scene nor bar until after Raylan was standing over Jody's body after shooting him. You can clearly see the door open when she entered the bar as Raylan turned to face her.
Crawdaddy

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
I just played back that portion of the episode a couple of times and she didn't appear in the scene nor bar until after Raylan was standing over Jody's body after shooting him.  You can clearly see the door open when she entered the bar as Raylan turned to face her.
Thanks for the clarification. My brain must have been filling in blanks that weren't there when I watched Tuesday.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Adam Lenhardt said:
It has always felt like Mags ran her biz, Limehouse runs the Holler, and Boyd and Raylan's daddy's ran their own things with nobody to bother them but the occasional Dixie Mafia intrusion. The show has always made Harlan feel a bit insular. Is it a stretch to think that the business owners of the area are dirty and want to strongarm Boyd? Not at all. In fact, their naive belief they can get away with it sort of underlines their lack of understanding of the crime scene in Harlan. But, that nonsense about them strongarming Boyd's dad or anyone else from Harlan? I don't buy it. Easy enough to dismiss though. The real fun/payoff here is going to be Boyd showing them who's boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks