What's new

JUSTIFIED - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm the opposite -- I can't handle shows that require me to watch 'em regularly. If I can't just catch an episode here and there, I'll wait for DVD.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
That's why I liked Life. They had the weekly crime to be solved but there was the central question/mystery that flowed from week to week.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Well...I certainly think Goggins is going to be around. I don't know how regular he'll be each week, but he is a seriously dangerous foe and there is still a backstory to be told. Seems to me he saved Raylan's life back in the day. And, I don't know if his newfound born again attitude is a facade or not. If it's a facade, he's taunting Raylan and he's dangerous. If he's not faking, well then he's a born again crusader white supremacist with an explosion fetish...and, he's really friggin' dangerous.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Goggins will be around for the whole season. In a recent interview with Olyphant, he mentioned that more of their backstory will be revealed and it will boil up into a family conflict including both of their fathers.
Regards,

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by MarkMel

That's why I liked Life. They had the weekly crime to be solved but there was the central question/mystery that flowed from week to week.
You and me both. "Life" was one of my favorite shows damn it!

I am liking this one so far. I have only seen the first two episodes (getting around to watching the third and think fourth (DVR))

I have a feeling there is some back story, even before reading the spoiler in the post above regarding the families of these two guys. I hope we get to see and hear about it before they cancel the show.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
This week's episode was not much of anything. Here's hoping the return of Raylan's dad next week will add something to the mix.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I haven't watched the 4th one yet, but I wasn't crazy about the 3rd. Seemed way too formulaic to me. Actually had an 80's vibe to it (though I guess for some that is a good thing).

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
We love the whole laid-back attitude of this show, and make time each week to watch it. The episode with Raylan's dad and step-mom/aunt was terrific. And looking forward to the dust up that was promised by this episode.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I have a love-hate relationship with this show. On one hand, I really like Olyphant and I think he does a great job in the role, but I also find myself bored most of the time with the episodes themselves. The pilot was fantastic and I guess it gave me false hope for what the show would be like, but it hasn't really won me over. I'll still continue to watch, though, as I hope it will get better as the season progresses.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I agree I like Olyphant alot and the basic premise is good it's just lacking something, the episodes themselves are getting less interesting as the series progresses, I liked the one with the Dentist Mob Guy, and the Artwork. I'm less interested in Reylan's Dad. It needs something, a little more of someting just can't put my finger on it.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa

I agree I like Olyphant alot and the basic premise is good it's just lacking something, the episodes themselves are getting less interesting as the series progresses, I liked the one with the Dentist Mob Guy, and the Artwork. I'm less interested in Reylan's Dad. It needs something, a little more of someting just can't put my finger on it.
That's exactly where I'm at with the show....it's just missing "something".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Besides Reylan's f-'d up love life, and wanting to put away his daddy, and the guy in jail, is there an interesting season-long arc running through the show yet? Perhaps I missed it. I'm lukewarm to the show at this point as well.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, ask and you shall receive. This episode had that exact "something" I'd been looking for and it was definitely my favorite since the pilot.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Great episode. If not for the bizzarro crappy directing with the faux-artiste 'wandering camera'.

But, I loved Bo Crowder (dig that actor) coming to his son's rescue. Those two are scary. And, I dug the twist on the sheriff and the hit.

Some good stuff tonight.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I think the reason I liked this ep as well at the pilot is the shooting. I think this show needs shooting in every ep.

The special investigator will be kept busy keeping up with Ryylan's tally.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Originally Posted by Quentin

Great episode. If not for the bizzarro crappy directing with the faux-artiste 'wandering camera'.
Thanks for mentioning that, bizzarro is the word.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Quentin

But, I loved Bo Crowder (dig that actor)
I like that guy too. The only things I can remember him in off the top of my head are Lost and Con Air, but I think he's cool. He could be a really great addition to this show.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Justified was picked up for a second season. According to Deadline Hollywood:
FX has picked up freshman drama Justified for a second season with a 13-episode order. The Western/cop drama starring Timothy Olyphant is in the midst of airing its first season, with six more episodes slated to run before the the season finale on June 8. Justified got off to a stellar ratings start, drawing 4.9 million viewers, for its premiere, the largest audience ever for an FX series debut. It has dropped since then but still averages a solid 3.4 million viewers (1.7 million of them in the 18-49 demographic) through its first seven episodes. It also has garnered some of FX’s best new series reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks