What's new

Justice League Unlimited (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer

The same genius who decided not to re-up Samurai Jack...right before it won an Emmy (and is up again this year)?

Yes, Timm is tired and dated. Cool kids want superhero Bugs Bunny (sorry, Bugz Bunny) and The Batman (ed. - maybe it's a good cartoon, I don't know - I also don't care).

In other news, I am a bit worried that the reason Bats got a nice sendoff with Epilogue is because they don't want to compete with The Batman for the character...so he won't really be in the JLU.

So great TV news this offseason for me. Scrubs is getting railroaded by NBC (probably has a season left - got to get to 100 episodes for syndication dollars), and JLU is going to get "revamped" and "updated". At least I get a season more of each, in their full glory.

JLU was consistently funnier, smarter, and more serious than most network shows. It was a love letter to comic and DCAU fans, while being a high-quality dramatic show with the best action on television.

Oh well.

F'em,
Chuck

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Tired and dated? I think not. The classics are never tired and dated.

I have seen it, and it pales in comparison to Timm and Dini's series. Looks like it was done by the same guys who did Jackie Chan Adventures. Don't like the character design at all, and the couple of episodes I saw seemed to be lackluster.

If that's CN's idea of updating things, you can count me out.

Jason

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I don't mean to derail the topic, but is there any information or artwork for Legion of Super Heroes? As much as I enjoy Teen Titans, I could see them going in that direction while I would prefer something more along the lines of the past season of JLU.

"I have seen it, and it pales in comparison to Timm and Dini's series. Looks like it was done by the same guys who did Jackie Chan Adventures. Don't like the character design at all, and the couple of episodes I saw seemed to be lackluster."

You are right, it is done by the same creative team of the jackie chan adventures as well as the upcomming Batgirls series.

"I don't mean to derail the topic, but is there any information or artwork for Legion of Super Heroes? As much as I enjoy Teen Titans, I could see them going in that direction while I would prefer something more along the lines of the past season of JLU."

From the sounds of the article and the info, it will lend more of it's style to the "Nu" Style of teen titans/The batman. For for tastes, i think the Teen Titans show is a waste. there could be a good show lurking in there if it wasnt so Goddamn juvenile and just plain stupid, too manga-esque for my liking. Used be a huge Manga and Japanese animation fan before i soured on the whole of it(except for the occasional Miazaki and real quality works) Just way too much pretty ,overhyped, half baked crap.( Rant off!)

If you guys havn't read the article, please do as to the reasons why this is happening.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

It does alright for Teen Titans, since we are talking about a bunch of teens anyways, so a level of juvenility is sort of expected.

What I don't like about it is that at times, it is too Saturday Morning Cartoonish. More than half the time, it is all set up to have some "moral" that seems way too obvious and heavy-handed.

I also don't like that after a couple of seasons, that Slade is still an enigma and that we have no clue what his deal is.

Jason

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
What is the episode for this weekend? I know it is a repeat, but which one?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Damn it. Why is it that I have no luck catching this show? Granted, I haven't tried hard, but whenever I think it's gonna be on, I tune in to Cartoon Network and it never is on.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Cartoon Network's schedule of JLU:

"Secret Origins, Pts. 1-3" on Saturday, Aug. 6 at 2 a.m.; "Clash" on Saturday, Aug. 6 at 9 p.m.; "Dark Heart" on Sunday, Aug. 7 at 10:30 p.m.

"In Blackest Night, Pts. 1-2" on Saturday, Aug. 13 at 2 a.m.; "Question Authority" on Saturday, Aug. 13 at 9 p.m.; "Wake the Dead" on Sunday, Aug. 14 at 10:30 p.m.

"The Enemy Below, Pts. 1-2" on Saturday, Aug. 20 at 2 a.m.; "Hunter's Moon" on Saturday, Aug. 20 at 9 p.m.; "The Once and Future Thing, Part One: Weird Western Tales" on Sunday, Aug. 21 at 10:30 p.m.

"Injustice for All, Pts. 1-2" on Saturday, Aug. 27 at 2 a.m.; "Flashpoint" on Saturday, Aug. 27 at 9 p.m.; "The Once and Future Thing, Part Two: Time Warped."

"Paradise Lost, Pts. 1-2" on Saturday, Sept. 3 at 2 a.m.; "Panic in the Sky" on Saturday, Sept. 3 at 9 p.m.; "The Cat and the Canary" on Sunday, Sept. 4 at 10:30 p.m.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i like to watch the saturay version because it airs letterboxed.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Heck its worth going to the store right now and buying a TIVO just so you know you won't miss it!

Chris S.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I don't understand. I look at the channel guide my cable provides. When it says Justice League, I tune in and it's some anime show! I think I only caught one episode of the show's new thing (with all the new characters, etc).

Anyway, thanks for posting those Sam! I was hoping to catch some episodes in particular that feature a favorite actress of mine. I'm glad to see it's replaying soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks