What's new

Justice League Unlimited Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The original "Batman:TAS" had 85 episodes followed by another 24 in the New Batman/Superman Adventures style in the late 90s (not counting the five concurrent "Superman" episodes that included the Batman character).

Regards,

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
Damn it! I was ready to watch it tonight, but I was a few minutes late. I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD to see this episode.

From the brief glimpse I caught, I noticed it was being shown in fullscreen. Weren't the other recent episodes in widescreen or have I not been paying enough attention?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Another great episode last night. At least this show is going out in top form.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor

Yes, this is the only cropped episode I can think of since the program became Justice League Unlimited. I have no idea why they did that. I hope it was just a mistake and that the final two episodes will be widescreen...

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Just got around to watching this episode. Good stuff.

BTW, Batman was just in the last few seconds of this episode and still managed to look cool. He's da man. :D

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Just caught this thread. Extremely disappointed that JLU is getting axed. With Batman Begins out last summer and Superman Returns coming this summer, you'd figure this would be a gold, maybe even platinum property for WB/CN. I really hate this, it seems so many of my favorite shows have gotten cancelled in the past few years and now I learn about Justice League. I guess I'll just have to be grateful that season sets are coming out on dvd and hope that they'll have a few movies to come along in the future. It'd probably somehow mess up the continuity with Batman Beyond and be against character for Batman, but I'd sure like to see him end up permanently involved with Wonder Woman. But like I said, it'd probably ruin the tragic natue of his character. Thanks everyone involved with making this show, sorry to see it end.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
Tonight's episode was thankfully in widescreen. And damn, did it rock!

Lex kills Grodd, Metron shows up and... Darkseid returns! And surprisingly, the JLU were only in the episode for a few seconds.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Over the credits, they showed scenes of the series finale from next week (I'd assume).

An Apokoliptic invasion of Earth, with the heroes and villains fighting the army. I'd assume a nice little rematch of Darkseid and Superman.
Looks to be superhero action wall-to-wall.

Can't wait.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Wow, this is going to be good! A battle of epic proportions. I loved the last shot of the super-heroes standing face to face with the villains.

So do you guys think Darseid is worthy of being the very last villain of the series? Or do you think there could have been someone more powerful to have that prestigious spot?

BTW, I know this is supposed to be a rematch between Supes and Darkseid. When did the first match take place? Wasn't in the Superman Adventures show? Not on this show right?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Yes, it was the final episodes (Legacy, Parts I & II) of Superman: The Animated Series. Superman takes on Darkseid to avenge the death of one of his friends at the hands of the master of Apokolips.

I think Darkseid is a tired villain for the end of Unlimited as he was done from just about every angle on STAS. Quite frankly I would have liked to see something come out of the season long search for Braniac, but I trust that TPTB will give us a satisfying ending.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
This should have been a cliffhanger with a whole season to follow. It just seems like the series finale is going to be rushed.

I would like them to do a series based on either New Frontier, or Infinite Crisis (or some other year long comic arc).

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Thanks to a mate with a DVR and a DVD-R, I watched Destroyer last night. With mixed feelings, as it's the last JLU. Some thoughts, no spoilers:

1) It is a fairly satisfying ending. But not nearly as great as the S2 final arc (which did not include the brilliant "Epilogue", which they should make the series finale defacto of season).

2) It's pretty by the numbers for a JLU episode, with a few great touches thrown in. Superman gets a fantastic line (better than the vaunted Kill Bill diatribe in KB2) and sequence.

3) One episode is really too short. There was no time for the other players...maybe a few seconds at most for each of the big 7 (not including Superman and Batman...and Lex), and even less for the rest (though they all get shown). This should have been a three-parter FOLLOWING last weeks episode. More time for the characters.

4) Seeing Lex featured prominently is great, though. He deserves it.

After everyone has seen it, we can get into the nitty gritty. Don't get me wrong, Season 3 was a fine set of episodes ands stories. Better than 95% of what gets on TV or into comics. But S2 was a brutal act to follow. It's a decent ending to a GREAT show. The show has soared higher though, in the past :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well their is a direct to dvd Superman animated movie "Brainiac Attacks" coming next month. So maybe, we will get a JLU direct to dvd movie also.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I am assuming we will see a DTDVD JLU at some point. I hope they keep the team together. I am ambivalent (but still somewhat interested) in the Superman DTD this summer. They recast the voice of Lex Luthor. Makes me a little skeptical. It's not the entire team doing it. Probably will be the same with JLU. We'll see. I'm open-minded though.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Great episode on Saturday (glad I recorded last Saturday and this past Saturday). Just a great episode, great ending and Supes line when discussing their options. "It's Lex Flipping Luthor" great.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not ashamed to admit that I kind of misted up at the end. The last lines, followed by the whole League flashing by in groups that made sense (the JSA together, the Giffen League together, the Detroit League together, the 7 Soldiers together -- even the Ditko heroes grouped together!), and the fact that the very last character we see on screen is Batman, neatly coming full circle on 14 years of continuity that started with Batman: TAS in 1992... it just got to me.

My only beef: we should have seen Huntress (what, Hawkman can come in as a reservist, but she can't? Hawkman's never actually been a member in this continuity!) and the embargo on Aquaman and the Bat-villains should have been lifted for the final episode. It would have especially been nice to have Mark Hammill's Joker around, and maybe Harley Quinn, too. Heck, given we've seen Speedy and (in shadow) Nightwing over the course of the series, maybe they could have even thrown the Titans in!

Other than that, it was perfect. Man, will I miss this show!

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I enjoyed the episode but two things went through my mind.

1. Leela's voice from Futurama saying "Superheroes cause alot of collateral damage"
2. I know this is comic book stuff but there was just no way that Batman could have even slightly moved Darkseid even if he put everything he had into it. Darkseid can take a full force punch from Superman but can be knocked off his feet by Batman? I like Batman but Superman / Darkseid are in a completely different league.

I was a little disappointed in the ending and I would love to see a season 4 to explain what happened.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Great show; enjoyed the finale a lot. Will be looking forward to the DVDs of all the seasons. A real pity it has to end, but at least it goes out at the top of its game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks