What's new

Just ordered a Dayton 10/100watt!!! Can't wait (1 Viewer)

Curt Badry

Stunt Coordinator
I Live in Canada, and prices can get alittle out of control up here. I've spent the better part of two weeks auditioning subs like, Yamaha 8"/150 watt for $275, Mission 8"/150 for $350, Klipsch 10"/200 for $569. All seemed alittle expensive for what they were.After reading alot of good Dayton reviews, i decided to order it. Even after the exchange,shipping it was still cheaper than the Yamaha. I think i made the right choice, i am waiting to watch 007-Die another Day until my Dayton shows up.........
Can't wait........Just thought i would share my excitement!. Quick question, I have hardwood floors, do you think i should place a piece of carpet under my sub when i get it?

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be ordering this beast too as soon as I get paid. It should definately give me some more lowend authority in my 10'x12' room over the 8" 100 watt passive I'm using right now (rated down to 40Hz).

Thomas Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I don't know how powerful it is, but I like it. Then again, I live in an apartment right now so my volume levels are generally really low. I have been super happy with my sub. Dayton is really good value for the $$$.

RickyR

Auditioning
I have been looking for a powered sub to go with my celestion f-series fronts in my small gaming room (10'x10'). I'm not looking to spend much money but want a decent sub for the price. Ive been looking at the Dayton and am deeply considering purchasing it. I also live in Canada like Curt, I'm actually only about 4hrs away. Curt, please let me know your thoughts on the sub and if you think it would be worth the purchase even after shipping and exchange.
Thanks in advance

Vincent_S

Second Unit
If you are referring to the one that's around $120 or so you will be happy with it. My friend let me borrow his for a short while and for the money it is a very nice sub:emoji_thumbsup:

Curt Badry

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Ricky,
I'm hoping to get it mid week,and i will let you know how it goes. I have a 12x15 room with an 8' ceiling so i think i'll be alright. It's got to be better than my crappy 6.5"/45watt sony. Ricky just so you know, It was $124.00USD plus $59.00USD shipping-Same day/Air. I don't know customs will ding me but all in all, it's alot better than i would do up here. Come on UPS.

RickyR

Auditioning
Mark, I'd say I'm pretty happy with the f-series speakers, although the Celestion f-series is my very first and only home theatre speaker purchase so I havent heard alot of other speaker systems to compare them to. But overall I think they sound good, I bought them for a reasonable price and theyre a very attractive looking speaker. So overall I'm very satisfied.

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
It comes by US postal air. Customs will hold it. Then Canada Post will deliver it and charge you GST and PST at the door. It took about 15 business days before mine arrived.

Andrew O'Brien

Stunt Coordinator
My Dayton arrive last week. It was well packaged for shipping and took about 5 days to make the 400 mile trip via UPS ground service.

My only other experiences with a sub_woofer were my old 12 inch Radio Shack passive sub and the Polk_Audio 50 watt 10 inch powered sub. The Polk lasted a few minutes only, some nasty crackles and pops.

The Dayton does a good job, I had to turn it down a tad because the room was shaking too much :>

Curt Badry

Stunt Coordinator
Parts express told me it was shipped out on the 13th, so hopefully from what Ian has said, i will get it by the end of the month. I'm kinda inpatient at times, so this is really driving me nuts. I watched " 007 Die another Day", i couldn't wait any more. All i will say is "Man was i disappointed". I'm not a huge Bond fan, but i have definately seen better.

Damn taxes eh!,14%,sounds like i just doubled the price of the sub,with taxes and shipping

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
I didn't quite understand why they charged me PST since it came from across the border but it's still a better sub than what you'll find here in that price range.
I was impatient as well and ended up calling Partsexpress and Canada Post to see what was taking so long. It didn't help.
They really get better deals south of the border, sigh. That's why my next speaker upgrade will be Canadian.

Raj_asaurus

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought my first ht receiver front bookshelves and sub. Pio VSX-D812 Polk RTi38s and finally the Dayton 10" sub. The sub is awesome. Definitely much better than I thought a 100 dollar sub would sound. All together I couldnt be more happy with my purchase. If anyone has any questions about anything I got and how it sounds PM me.

kevin-van

Auditioning
can someone let me know how much you end up paying for this sub in CDN$ after shipping and duty charge? i'm in vancouver

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks