What's new

Just Met HTF Member in LR BestBuy (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We both have a passion for old monster movies. He was looking for the Wolfman and I was picking up Creature and Mummy legacy sets.

I've forgotten your name already. Wasn't it Larry. Don't take offence, I do this all the time. It was nice to talk to someone who has a passion for my kinda movie.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
hehe, how'd you know he was from HTF? Did you guys do the secret HTF handshake? :D

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Now come on. Two guys meet in the dvd section and both are interested in the same movies. You start talking about the movies, dvds, and that leads to "where do you stay informed about dvds online?" He also mentioned an AVI site that I'm not familiar with.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
You should be making grotesque gestures with your arms at everybody you see shopping for DVD's, ala Cask of Amontillado. You might even meet another HTF member.

As a bonus, that would get all the ladies.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Hehe, just playin.. though it would be cool (err, geeky?) if we did have a top-secret-silica handshake...

Though if I bumped into Holadem I'd probably go run and hide in the Pan and Scan section :D

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Here are two members practicing the new handshake while a moderator looks on in approval as he takes another hit from the bong:

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Ah, that must have taken place during our last HTF rush week. Obviously 2 eager prospective pledges.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Sounds like you misremembered. Try the AVS Forum.

And didn't you know that when you meet a HTF member at a retail store you are supposed to buy each other a DVD? It's only good manners... :D

Brad

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Ok....maybe this is a private joke or maybe I am just very ignorant but why is there 5,000 references to silica packs?!?!?!!? I looked around but can't see the "source" of this joke. Somebody please fill me in.....

WilliamG

Supporting Actor

Johnny - IT WAS MEEEEeeeeee! (Sorry, Jim Carey!)
But seriously, it was.:emoji_thumbsup: :)

This is weird, because I was doing a search just now for The Wolfman and saw your name and location, and this thread came up. This is only my second time to come in here ("After Hours") - I normally spend the majority of my time in the others (Software, Movies, etc.)

I finally found that elusive disc, thanks to the lady who was merchandising them (NOT a BB employee). They were over in the BOX SET COLLECTIONS! I pointed out to her that I may be the only one to mention it, but that I could see the possibility of lost sales because that and Frankenstein Legacy Collection were not together with the rest of the Legacy's. She said that that was why she was there, to re-merchandise things like that. Who knows, it's probably in the same place right now. :frowning:

ANYway, it was great meeting you, and I may see you around there again soon!

-William

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Post number 11 was so funny that if I were drinking milk, silica would have come out of my nose.:D

*Ok, I pledge to never do another silica joke, so help me dvd Gods.;)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Don't tell me you're a Carey fan too? I haven't seen all his movies, but I consider Liar, Liar, to be a laugh-out-loud movie every time I watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks