What's new

Just got my first Region 3 DVD - Too Cool! (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I bought Godzilla Vs Megauirus through Ebay from a seller in Singapore (only $15.00 including shipping, too!). It's region 3, Dolby Digital 5.1, English subtitles -- and it looks GREAT playing on my Apex 3201!

Time to start looking for DVDs from other regions!

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I know the feeling. I got a region-free DVD player earlier this year so I wouldn't have to wait until May for "Legend." Since then I've bought the unedited version of "Eyes Wide Shut" and the unedited, original-score, Japanese-language version of "Street Fighter II" (anime).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Carl! FINALLY I found someone who has that disc!

Is the music video for the song played during the fight between Ryu/Ken and Vega on there? It was on the LD

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I tried to respond to your e-mail, Jeff, but it got bounced back with an error message. Here's my reply:

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, but I've been out of town for the past week and haven't checked the HTF since then.

The DVD does contain one bonus feature that might be the music video you're talking about. I'm not sure because it's kind of weird. It has the song you're looking for, but it begins as what looks like an ad for the movie (or maybe just it's soundtrack? I'm not sure, I can't really understand Japanese). The song continues to play over clips from the movie. It runs a few minutes long — I'm not sure of the exact time but I can check for you if you like.

You said the video was on the LD so I hope my vague description helps you figure out if the DVD has what you're looking for.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's great being region free.
just got done watching All That Jazz (R4).
great transfer for a great movie.
couldn't detect the PAL speed-up either so i'm doubly happy.
on deck i have the SE for The Great Escape, Conan The Destoyer , Betty Blue- Directors Cut , and Jean De Florette & Manon Of The Spring. The R2 versions of these last two are anamorphic and completely lay waste to the hack jobs MGM did to the films in R1.
have to highly recommend the Malata 520, while i'm at it to.
great unit.
can't understand why everybody doesn't go region free, especially the educated people on forums like this.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I was going to get a region free player and buy some region free movies/shows but it would limit watching them to one room. Everyone in my house watches movies in different rooms throughout the house.

Capt

James_M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
Stephen, you could've gotten Godzilla vs Megauirus for $9 shipped from dddhouse.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks