What's new

Just completed installing/calibrating my Fluance system (1 Viewer)

Mohamed_M

Agent
Well, I just finished installing my HT and man am i tired. Ran through DVE and ran a few test flicks. All i can say is WOW
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
:D . System sounds incredible. You could not only hear, but feel the effects. Sounds much better that anything i heard at a local store. I am extremely please with the results. Too bad Fluance doesnt get anough recognition. They make awesome stuff. I went for their higher end components running a 6.1 system.

2 x SV-10 (mains)
2 x AV-SC centers (front & back)
2 x AV-BP2 (Surround)
2 x Dayton 10" Subs
all running off a 601 Onkyo A/V Rec
Man i love this:D :D

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
Damn you, Mohammed! Just when I had decided on a BIC America setup over a Fluance setup you had to go and post this! Now you're giving me fits. :P

Seriously though, I've been having the hardest time deciding between the two. I'm starting out just replacing the center channel at this point and I'm leaning towards the BIC 62 center over the AV-SC. By any chance have you ever heard the BIC and if so can you compare?

brad cook

Mohamed_M

Agent
Jimi, Ill go ahead and take some pics and post them later on today once i clean the room from all the extra wiring and such.

Brad, I'll be lieing if i told you i've heard the BIC before. I did hear youre run of the mill Polk audio, Cambridge, bose, etc. And to me, none even come close unless you jump into the many multi $K division. I am talking 4-5k+. Now, in doing my research, I have never heard a bad thing about Fluance, but people always said, "they cann't be beat for the money". I personally hated this comment cause it puts them in a relative situation and doesnt really tell if theyre good or bad. I mean, a radio shack subwoofer on sale for $10 would be good for the money, but would it sound good ? I dont think so. These speakers sound Very Very good regardless of money. Good value comes as a plus. Not only that but Fluance took care of many other things that made me very impressed. I ran through the system response frequency sweep and even though my ears were about to bleed i couldnt hear any cabinet buzz, hum, or resonance what so ever. All came from items in other rooms and frames on the wall and such. About the only thing i noticed was that the SV10 drivers are not perfectly matched to the rest theyre damn close. The centers and surrounds are matched. If i go back i would definately go the same route.

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
Mohammed,

Thanks for the further details. This keeps getting harder to decide. If I go fluance I was thinking about getting the SV-6's as my fronts (probably suspended from the ceiling/wall due to room shape constraints) and the AV-BP2's in the rear. Or possibly just AV-BP2's all around.

Anyway...still twiddling my thumbs and trying to decide. I actually have heard a couple of reviews about the Fluance where the reviewer wasn't impressed but I've never heard anything but great about the BICs. I also like what I'm reading about the fluance such as the neodynium tweeters and the crossovers. However, on paper the BIC's have a higher sensitivity and greater frequency response. I don't know...anyway..thanks for the info!

brad cook

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

In the 3 months since I got my Fluance speakers, I've never failed to impress folks that hear them. I've had several folks guess correctly that what my HK receiver retails for ($799) but no one got the price of the speakers even close. The best guess was $400 a piece for the mains. I almost don't want to tell them the truth :D

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
Mohammed,

After listening to the bipoles how well do you think they would work as rear channels on a 5.1? Setup looks great, btw!

brad cook

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
Looking at that picture again I just have to say...poor fish. It probably turns into a tsunami in there when you get that system cranking. ;)

brad cook

Mohamed_M

Agent
David, just awesome aint it ? I will keep the real cost to myself too...:D

Brad, i think the bipoles would do just fine for a rear channel, they dont lack power thats for sure. Thanks for the compliment. Fish get to enjoy the sound too, i hope...:D

Tim, yep one dayton under each lamp table. Works out pretty well doesnt it!

JustinG

Stunt Coordinator
I love my ES1s that Ive had for over a year now. Once I move from 5.1 to 7.1, Im going to add the bipoles for the rear surrounds.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Mohamed,

Thanks for providing such a good recommendation on the Fluance speakers. Also, the pictures are great, too.

It's good to see that such an economical pair of speakers can provide sound quality that is many times greater than its price. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks