What's new

Just bought JVC 30k DVHS player, recommend some titles! (1 Viewer)

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my D-theater version of Fast and the furious in the mail, I ordered it on monday night at got it today by noon :emoji_thumbsup: great service from bestprices and I will be ordered the rest of the d-theater titles they sell,

emil, did you check bestprices they have u-571 for 33.68, I am not sure if it is in stock though

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
emil, did you check bestprices they have u-571 for 33.68, I am not sure if it is in stock though
Yep I did but it was listed as out of stock. Just like eveywhere else but Crutchfield. Seems like it really might be OOP.

Also, I have heard horror stories on out of stock items at bestprice. I have ordered a couple of in stock items from them and have been impressed. Any other impressions on bestprices when it comes to out of stock items?

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Emil, no I have only ordered the fast and the furious, and just last night I ordered Ice Age(well on won it on ebay), NL's Van Wilder(dvhsmovieguide) and X-men, High Crimes, The transporter(bestprices)

I just watched Fast and the furious ( my first DVHS experience) and I must say WOW:D , the PQ blows dvd out of the water, I now know any dvd that I also buy the d-theater version, I will sell the dvd version. I cannot wait until my media room is complete, we've had alot of rain, so I am using a dehumitfier(sp?) in my basement, to get ready for the concrete. I cannot wait until I can hear these tapes through the axiom setup I am purchasing :emoji_thumbsup:

Steve Bjorg

Stunt Coordinator
I have ordered quite a few tapes from bestprices. So far no problems, although, 'Die Hard' did take 3 weeks to ship because it was out-of-stock.

For some reason, I seem to be the only one to enjoy 'Behind Enemy Lines'. That tape really blew me away. The other two are 'Ice Age' which I have already watched three times and 'From Hell' which I simply adore as an atmospheric movie. In any case, the worst movie I have quality wise is 'Independence Day', but it's still miles better than the DVD. It just that the transfer is not as clean as some of the newer releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks