What's new

Just bought a SR800. (1 Viewer)

SpiderX1016

Agent
Real Name
Raymond
Well, I decided and Got the Onkyo HT-SR800 for 300.

Sounded great, then I got 16 gauge Speaker wire for the Fronts and it sounded so much cleaner.

If I upgrade the Subwoofer Cable would it be worth it?

I heard people use RG6 for Subwoofer Cable? Are RG6 Coax Cables that give me signal from Cable Companies?

troy evans

Screenwriter
That's a damn good deal you got. I love Onkyo and I have the 605. As far as the sub cable, what are you currently using for it? Believe it or not a regular mono cable should be fine. I would use something more than the cheapo cables that come in the box. You should be able to find good cables really inexpensive for all your needs here: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/ Take Care.

SpiderX1016

Agent
Real Name
Raymond

I'm using the ones that it came with. That and is there a big difference from 12 or 14 gauge to 16 gauge? Just wondering, don't want to switch right now.

I wish I have the 605, would be sweet having TrueHD or Uncompressed Sound.

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
That sub is really small but it would help not using the garbage interconnects that came with it!

For $300 that's quite a deal!

Rogo

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
I use 12 ga on all my speakers,you can get it pretty cheap at places like Home Depot and Lowes.I wouldnt spend a lot on a sub cable,it dosnt take much to make the sub happy.A decent cable from Radio shack or that price range will do just fine,

Greg

SpiderX1016

Agent
Real Name
Raymond
I got a 6ft RG6 and Coax to RCA adapters from Radioshack for $2 each.

Is it normal for it to be quieter? I had to put my Onkyo to +6db from +0db on the receiver to sound like it was before I changed the wire and I think I turned the knob on the back of the sub a little more.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You went from what was probably a 50ohm RCA cable to a 75ohm coax. Yes, there will be a difference in output and you should use your calibration tools to properly adjust the levels.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks