What's new

Jurassic Park DTS - Phone Number to call (1 Viewer)

Chris Biggs

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, thanks! I wrote the zip down wrong from the message I was left. Instead of a 7 being the first number, I had a 4!

Tom Boucher

Second Unit
Real Name
Tom
Whoo Hoo. I called in and left a message 2:50pm CDT. We'll see when they call back since it's friday.
You know, I was watching this with my Dad right after we moved and setup the new theater. While watching it I kept thinking 'shouldn't the T-Rex stomp be boomier' and kept checking the sub.
I didn't notice this in my old room.
Interesting. glad I wasn't going insane.
Thanks for all your work. I don't have much time to pursue this forum as I'd like, and as always you guys are very helpful.
------------------

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
Peter M. Bracke:
Thank you!!!! I was wondering if I was the *only* person thinking the same thing.
Brad Nelson wrote:
Bill Hunt: said:
Until Universal officially owns up to what you claim here, you should qualify your statement as speculation not "conclusive proof."
With a properly set up system, all the bass is there on the original dts dvd of JP.
------------------
-Kieran
My HT Page
"Ah gots me speakerz set to LARGE... 'cuz dey's iz BIG speakerz!!!"

DarrenA

Second Unit
Until Universal officially owns up to what you claim here, you should qualify your statement as speculation not "conclusive proof."
With a properly set up system, all the bass is there on the original dts dvd of JP.
Where is the "conclusive proof" that the original JP DTS DVD had the proper LFE signals? I had my system's Bass Management setup just fine and the original JP DTS DVD was very lacking in the LFE and surround information.
The best proof I have seen that demonstrates the "defective" nature of the original JP DTS DVD is Link Removed .
A lot of us here already have the new DTS DVD version, and after you listen to the old DTS DVD and the new DTS DVD, it is painfully obvious that the old DTS DVD was indeed "defective". It makes absolutely no sense at all that Universal would "re mix" the DTS DVD for no apparent reason at all.
------------------
DarrenA
The Academy Home Theater

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Could we please NOT turn this thread into another debate over whether the levels are correct or not? This should just be about getting the disc replaced.
If you don't see a problem with the first pressing, keep yours and be happy with it.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
If you don't see a problem with the first pressing, keep yours and be happy with it.
Exactly...But don't listen to the DPL track on it...
wink.gif

------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Marc-Andre L

Auditioning
I want to know if some of you, the call back take more than 24 hours?
Because I call last thursday and I had no reponse yet?
frown.gif

Maybe they are really busy!
thanks

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
Marc,
they probably called you back and you weren't home.
Just call them back and leave a message with your mailing address and send the disc to the address in Dallas, Texas.
I sent mine last week and they said they were going to send a replacement very soon.
Ian

Marc-Andre L

Auditioning
Yes!!!
they call me this morning. He took my coordonate and after that, he gave me the adresse.
By the way... I read this article this morning form DVDFILE, what do you think about it?
"If you've been following this story at all, you may be aware that Universal recently repressed the DTS version of Jurassic Park, and began to reissue them to coincide with the theatrical release of Jurassic Park III. However, for some reason word has spread that the previous DTS releases were "defective," undoubtedly fueled by Universal's decision to allow consumers to exchange the old DTS versions for the new repressing. However, those of you rushing to exchange your copies may want to wait a bit...official word will be forthcoming this week from Universal why there is an a reissue and the differences between the two versions (neither version is "defective" at all, merely different mixes.) Stay tuned for more this week..."
[Edited last by Marc-André L on August 13, 2001 at 06:53 PM]

Craig W

Second Unit
Whether you say the original dts release was defective or a just a different mix it STILL was lacking seriously in the LFE department. I had the original and the DPL track on that disc had more pronounced bass than the 5.1 dts track. Didn't we establish here that the LFE channel was encoded 4 dB lower in relation to the main channels compared to the LFE on the DD version.
Granted I am running a Milly 2.4.6 decoder and I have limited bass management (only really can mix LFE to the mains but I can't control the level of LFE since running without a sub), but I get more noticeable bass with the new disc. Hell the dts remix of the Haunting confirms that I can get some damn good bass with my system even minus a sub.
So if Universal wants to defend the original disc that's fine, but as far as I am concerned they can stick it up their a$$. Personally I think they are just trying to cover their a$$ since word was leaking that they were quietly replacing the original pressing with the new mix.
[Edited last by Craig W on August 13, 2001 at 11:21 PM]

James M

Stunt Coordinator
hmmmm... still no call back and I left the message on friday, this is a bit odd. Do you guys think I should just send the dvd without a phone call return?

Marc-Andre L

Auditioning
James, I think you can wait a little bit...
I called last thursday at 3 o'clock and I had my call back monday at 11 o'clock.
Be patient... :) but if you dont receive the call back today, maybe you can call back or directly send it to them...
Read the previous message from "Andrea W" posted on August 09, 2001 04:43 PM about it.
Hope that help you.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
bummer batman! i called the day i saw this post (8th?) and still have not heard back. i am a little hesitant to send the disc to the address without universal (hopefully) having some sort of record of me sending the disc.
what do you guys think? another call? wait? just send the disc?
confused.gif

------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
When Collette called me back, she did not take down my address. She just gave me the address to send the disc to for a replacement. I think you'll be fine just sending the disc in.
If it makes you more comfortable, after you send it in, you can call them and leave them a message saying you mailed it in, your name, address, phone number, whatever.
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/
[Edited last by Andrea W on August 14, 2001 at 11:37 AM]

BarryNS

Stunt Coordinator
This forum rules!
biggrin.gif
And so does Universal's customer service!
biggrin.gif

I called the number today, left a message, and less than 3 hours later got a call back. Interesting that the guy I spoke with asked me if I "was having any problems with the volume" on the disc, maybe they are trying to "prescreen" people just wanting a new copy?
------------------
-Barry

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
what do you guys think? another call? wait? just send the disc?
When I called they called back and left a message on my voice mail instructing me to mail the disc. They haven't asked for any additional information about me so all they have is my name and phone # — same as yours.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -
just to confirm what everyone else is saying. i just heard from cameron and he said the usual. send them the dvd only and they'll replace it!
biggrin.gif

the address he gave me was:
Universal Studios Home Video
8801 Autobahn Dr.
Dallas, TX 75237
yay! :)
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
If it makes you more comfortable, after you send it in, you can call them and leave them a message saying you mailed it in, your name, address, phone number, whatever.
I received the call, they took my address, and gave me instructions where to ship the original. I wasn't clear whether or not by taking my address up front they were going to ship the remaster immediately (ie. honour system) or if it was purely for tracking purposes. To be safe my disc was shipped with return instructions both on an attached typewritten note (don't assume everyone can read your hand writing) as well as on the sleeve holding the disc.
Better to be safe then sorry.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
They wait until they receive your disc before they ship you the replacement.
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks