What's new

Juggernaut (1974) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

juggernaut_xlg.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I've always felt this terrific Richard Lester thriller was given a short shrift. The suspense is nearly unbearably in spots, the atmosphere is enveloping, and the performances outstanding. There is some Lester humor scattered here and there, mostly provided by Roy Kinnear, who in typical Lester film fashion, mumbles many hilarious asides under his breath. Dynamite film. Consider a purchase!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It burns me that low rent films like this are getting Blu-ray releases, but I cannot get a decent Blu-ray release of "The Plague Dogs".

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Edwin-S said:
It burns me that low rent films like this are getting Blu-ray releases, but I cannot get a decent Blu-ray release of "The Plague Dogs".
I hope you're being facetious...although I, too, would love to have an uncut Blu of PLAGUE DOGS.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just wasn't that impressed with the film when I saw it during its initial theatrical run, so it bothers me that it gets a blu-ray release before "The Plague Dogs".

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Edwin-S said:
I just wasn't that impressed with the film when I saw it during its initial theatrical run, so it bothers me that it gets a blu-ray release before "The Plague Dogs".
Are you kidding, that list for me is infinitely long due to so many unimpressive films getting BD releases while other more deserving films sit on some shelve somewhere without a BD release. It' the name of the game in this hobby of ours.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Robert Crawford said:
Are you kidding, that list for me is infinitely long due to so many unimpressive films getting BD releases while other more deserving films sit on some shelve somewhere without a BD release. It' the name of the game in this hobby of ours.
Yes, including the Greatest Story Ever Rolled, the one, the only Skatetown USA which has never had a blu release (nor a VHS, LD or DVD release either).
How can this injustice to the great Patrick Swayze go on?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Kyrsten Brad said:
Yes, including the Greatest Story Ever Rolled, the one, the only Skatetown USA which has never had a blu release (nor a VHS, LD or DVD release either).
How can this injustice to the great Patrick Swayze go on?
Thank God for injustice! :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yes, including the Greatest Story Ever Rolled, the one, the only Skatetown USA which has never had a blu release
Kyrsten,

I am so happy you are here with us. I read your posts daily, and I love the
enthusiasm you have for this format and the things you want to see released.

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif;background-color:rgb(242,242,242);]I sort of laugh every time you mention Skate Town U.S.A. [/color]

I know it's something that is very dear to your heart. I promise you, I have
mentioned the title to one of the most important people I know at Sony. So,
the suggestion has reached the person that matters most.

I laugh at your request not to be disrespectful to you, but because it's just one
of those titles that you kind of wonder if there is still a market that demands a
release.

To let you in on a secret I don't readily like to admit, one of my most sought
releases that has never made it to DVD is The Gong Show Movie. It's one of
those titles that I know will never see the light of day. Fortunately, I made a Blu-ray
copy of a recent high-def broadcast of the film.

I can sit here and tell you that a movie like Skatetown U.S.A. may never see the
light of day. But then again, I just posted a press release for Killer Fish, which looks
like some piece of crap film that NEVER should have seen the light of day.

Fortunately, Sony is throwing a few obscure titles to Twilight Time. That may be
your best chance for future release. I have a feeling that music rights may be an issue
that makes Skatetown U.S.A. more of an impossibility for Blu-ray.

I am supposed to meet with Twilight Time in a few months, and I will certainly mention
this title to them. I just have a feeling that they only get to select titles that are offered
to them and have very little input on what Sony actually decides to put into production.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ron,

I think it's music rights issue with Skatetown. A really good soundtrack from various artists is probably the reason why it's never been released on any home video format.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I think it's music rights issue with Skatetown. A really good soundtrack from various artists is probably the reason why it's never been released on any home video format.
My guess as well.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Ha ha. Yeah. It's easy to forget that there are films that other people want that are not getting released as well. I posted my comments out of frustration that I'm not getting obscure films I want while obscure films that seemingly no one would want get Blu-ray releases. I have to keep reminding myself that there are plenty of people out there who are probably quite happy this got released. I suppose I should be happy too, in that at least these lesser known films are starting to get released. Thankfully, at least it is not the 23rd release of a typical popular film. That practice on BD was getting to be extremely tiresome.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
JUGGERNAUT is an important Richard Lester film. It does contain moments of his comic sensibility, but it also gives him the opportunity to create some genuine suspense (even if that is largely derived from the "which color wire do I cut next" cliche, which in 1974 was not so much a cliche). The cast here is stellar, the "at sea" footage very authentic, and for anyone who has not had the pleasure of seeing this yet, I would say: buy blind.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I saw it when it came out, but I was just a kid and was expecting to see another Poseidon Adventure, so I was disappointed. But I'm really looking forward to revisiting it through mid-century eyes.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
darkrock17 said:
Does this mean we could maybe see a blu-ray release of Goliath Awaits down the road?
I think you will find that GOLIATH AWAITS belongs to Sony. They have not been great a releasing their made for TV titles. Although I sure do wish they would release this one.

Tom Logan

Second Unit
Just a note to those blind buying: While I like this movie, it is most definitely not an action/adventure movie, as that crazy overblown cover suggests.

As others have said, it's a suspense movie, with Lester's trademark satiric/cynical sensibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks