What's new

Judy Garland Show Collection #2 (1 Viewer)

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I just ordered the Judy Garland Show Collection #2. It is supposed to include 7 DVDs. Street date is to be April 15th. Can't wait to complete the series!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Collection 2 will include:

Volume 3, show 15 (The Christmas Show)

Volume 4, shows 8, 19, 24, 25

Volume 5, shows 7-9 (with Barbra Streisand)

Volume 6, Legends

Volume 7, shows 14, 23

Volume 8, shows 11, 20, 26

Songs for America

Rare outakes

Audio commentary

Photo gallery

Guest index

Full-screen format

Number of discs: 7

---------------------------------------

Sounds pretty good. It's nice that they didn't include Volumes 1 & 2, since all the shows therein are already in Collection 1.

Collection 2 includes the outstanding Judy Christmas Show, which should be required Christmas Eve viewing each and every year (IMO). A wonderful show (flubs & all).

:)

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I had never planned to get the first
box set. But, i got a really cool "going
out of business" deal on it,
and i was really surprised at the quality,
not only of the transfers, but of the shows themselves.
Totally stunned that i enjoyed them that much.

Nice to have the rest of them released.

David Krauss

Auditioning
As with any TV series, The Judy Garland Show had its share of weak episodes, but even the weaker episodes still manage to hold up some 40 years later. And the stronger episodes are as stylish and contemporary and sophisticated as any musical programming on the air today.

And it's nice to see that the shows are garnering new fans and much deserved appreciation, as evidence by Jefferson's post above. Comments like his prove that this release isn't merely "nostalgia," but top-quality entertainment.

All involved with this magnificent project deserve tremendous commendation for their efforts. The picture quality and sound are absolutely top-notch. There has never been a better way to experience the magic that is indeed Judy Garland.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks