What's new

Judas Priest Reunites (1 Viewer)

H

Hank

I picked up the regular cd version with the dvd. The Dualdisc contains the Reunited Documentary but it does not include each of the 7 live tracks complete with PCM, Dolby 5.1 or DTS 5.1. I don't know why these were omitted on the Dualdisc, that's why I went with the regular 2 disc set.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I like the album a lot, although I think it's a little lacking in the production department. "Angel of Retribution" is a great return to form for this legendary band.

I can't help but think of this new album almost as a "career retrospective" for Priest, as the different tracks fall into the various "styles" of heavy metal/hard rock they recorded through the years (thankfully ignoring the "Turbo" era). Doesn't the opening of "Judas Rising" remind you of "Victim of Changes"? Wouldn't "Worth Fighting For" have been perfect on "Point of Entry"?

As much as I think Tim Owens is a great singer (Last ICED EARTH album...he's PHENOMENAL on it), Priest will ALWAYS be Tipton/Halford/Downing. I always imagined that Glenn and K.K. wrote the music and Halford wrote the lyrics, but I guess Halford was resposible for a LOT of Priest's melodies, because "Jugulator" and "Demolition" never sounded like Judas Priest albums to these ears...

The Priest is TRULY back this time!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Does the CD/DVD set have the entire live performances on the DVD? My DualDisc appears to just have excerpts of the songs intermixed with interview footage. I'm wondering if I should go buy the CD/DVD set as well as my DualDisc. Is there anything besides the extra audio tracks that I'm missing on the DVD side of my DualDisc as opposed to the CD/DVD version?

I'm heading to Best Buy today at lunchtime to exchange my Wonder Woman season 2 set for a new one (some ass hat sliced the box with a box cutter when it was being taken out of the shipping carton). I'll pick up the Angel of Retribution CD/DVD set if there's anything worthwhile that I'm missing.

Chris Stainton

Second Unit

Yes it does. I love their performance of "A Touch Of Evil" on it. That is one of my very favorite songs of theirs.

The new album after one listen is quite good. I have to listen a few more times to give a better review. I love the first song, "Judas Rising". Great way to start it off. I agree with Don's comment about the production. It doesn't sound quite right.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone answer this definitively? Is the DVD side of the DualDisc identical to the DVD in the special edition release?

Even Judas Priest's site tends to indicate that they aren't:

ANGEL OF RETRIBUTION will be issued in two configurations: the first is a dual-disc set featuring the full album and an action-packed DVD. The 30-minute disc amplifies the album with behind-the-scenes documentary footage and classic live tracks filmed on June 24th and 25th, 2004 in Barcelona and Valencia, Spain. The concert material was shot during the two Spanish shows. ANGEL OF RETRIBUTION will also be released as a limited edition double-disc set featuring the new tracks and a long-form DVD bundled in special hardcover packaging. The total running time of the DVD is 1 hour, 12 minutes, highlighting the seven live cuts and 40 minutes of documentary footage
I.e., DualDisc DVD = 30 min, S.E. DVD = 72 min. ?? I plan on getting the SE anyway, but was just wondering...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks