What's new

Journeyman - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Yeah, she does look a bit like Tia. Never did catch Daybreak, but I've never forgotten a guest shot Moon did on CSI as a stripper. Her flirting with Girssom was classic - the moreso since she was a last-minute replacement for another actress who was cast but show cancelled for some reason. On the DVD commentary the producers went out of their way to mention what a terrific job Moon did stepping into the role on short notice. I'm really looking forward to this show - for many reasons. ;)

Regards,

Joe

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the pilot episode. There are a lot of mysteries which I hope we will get to explore in the weeks ahead. I thought they did a great job in casting Reed Diamond (Kellerman in Homicide) as his brother. They really acted and looked like they could be brothers.

Neil

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Interesting moment with the metal detector wand. If there is a metal implant on his body, it looks like his condition might be a technological rather than metaphysical phenomena.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Even better episode than the first in my opinion, I hope this show stays on for the whole season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think I'm going to have to move this show down from "live" viewing priority to something to catch via time-shifting because I'm just not all that impressed by the "Touched by a time-traveling Angel" angle of this show. I'm not even all that interested as to why his former fiancee keeps showing up in his visits to the past.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It felt stronger this time. Perhaps it's a slow burn, needing time to really establish the concept. I finished this episode thinking there could be a rich story to develop.

I really like attention to consequences. Ending with them on a no fly list a good twist.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was spot-on. As good as the pilot episode. I like the way that his actual missions are pretty easy, but the entire process is so difficult. I really get a kick out of him being so close in the orbit of his past self, as it not only provides some good humor moments (avoiding himself), but also gives him the opportunity to learn more about himself, incidentally (eavesdropping on his own past). It is a rich show, with many levels. Very enjoyable actor, too.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Funny, when I'm no longer that interested in a show, it gets demoted to "live" viewing. Certainly wouldn't want to watch anything I actually enjoy live with commercials.

In any event, the second episode kept me interested. So with him always running into Livia, who is supposedly also a "time traveler", and we know she is dead in the current time, is it safe to say Dan is actually dead at some point in the future that we haven't seen yet? Could this supposed "current" life that he's living right now actually be the past as well?

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Actually, I'm not really interested in his journeys to the past to do right but I'm more interested in his relationship with his wife and how they cope with it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Time Travel Lessons: Planning for the Future (Past)

- Have a stash of old cash
- Don't yard-sale old cell phone chargers
- Open floor plans are risky; buy your home with your hidden future-self in mind
- Road-Trip: get used to it
- Flexible work hours are a must

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
They established that Livia is alive. She left the plane she was on before it left but hasn't explained why she did so or why she disappeared.

I'm not liking the contrived 2nd or 3rd hand influences he has in his time travel. He essentially helped a girl be born, meet her dad, meet him again at the hospital just to meet someone at said hospital she could help. I liked that in QL Sam had much more direct contact and influence with the intended target. Thats also 2 episodes in a row he has been Angel Dad. Is that going to be the theme for every show?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, they specifically mentioned this week (or last) that she was in one of those plane crashes sans corpse.

The idea of tracking someone's life is interesting, but he seems to have figured that out pretty quickly based upon one trip; I think it's too early to assume that it's what he'll always be doing.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

Just me though, I have to admit, the traveling does need a little more substance, convincing the daughter to get tested for a bone marrow transplant for her father then matching and donating to a pilot who flies mission in Honduras for food or something was a bit lame.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I enjoyed the 2nd episode a bit more, as I am also a fan of time travel entertainment, having enjoyed QL and the Back to the Future trilogy.

Used to wonder about that when watching time travel movies. I would think people in the 1980's would find it odd to receive a coin from 2003. Or one of those state quarters that have been coming out in the last 10 years.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
This show is hanging by a thread as far as keeping my interest. I experienced the Loma Prieta quake of '89 so I definitely want to check out next week's.

Pros:

* Explores the consequences of his trips, such as ending up on the do not fly list and being chased for having 'counterfeit' (future) cash.
* I like that he really pushed his ex/traveller on the 1995 plane about her being there. Genuine frustration at not knowing where she lives now, why she's there, etc. I like that the writers didn't just have him accepting her being there.

Cons:

* The 'guardian angel' aspect is overplayed and cliched.
* The show keeps playing a 'you just THINK it's random' angle in regards to his mission/purpose, but it really plays out as random. Too random. There's nothing particular dramatic cohesive about it.
* The people in his life need to be more than exposition depositories and plot points. They need to be fleshed out more, especially in the first few episodes. Characters and their relationships are what keep viewers hooked on a show, and Journeyman is more concerned with plot.

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
Theres' something more going on with this "square" relationship between Dan, Livia, Katie, and Jack that the series creators are letting on.

What I found interesting about last night's episode was the trip back to '95 when Dan was being chased down by the beat cop. Was that beat cop actually Jack before he became a detective?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks