What's new

Journey live 1981!!! (1 Viewer)

WilliamMc

Stunt Coordinator
Great news for journey fans. I recently began a concert DVD collection a few months back, and one of my first thoughts was Journey. I found out that no full classic Journey concerts had been released on DVD. However, there was an excellent concert in existance. It was recorded during the escape tour in Houston back in 1981.This is the same event that was the first Live concert to air on the newly created MTV. There had been plans to release a 5.1 remastered version for years now, but no agreement could be reached with Sony. I had to settle for the Greatest hits dvd which contained some of the 1981 footage. On a whim I just googled the Houston show once again, and hit paydirt this time. A 2 disk DVD / cd set will be available on the 15th of november. The concert has been remastered in 5.1. I'm still unclear as to the "escape" cd content? I guess it will be a live version of the orginal escape cd?
anyway, I'm preordering this one from sony. I see nothing at Amason at this time.

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
I'd love this. I'm a Journey fan since pre-Perry days and saw them with Steve on 3 of their midwestern swing-tours from '79 to '83. Departure was another great tour and they have kicked little ass since then...imho.

I'd like to see some Neil Schon/Jan Hammer music video's on dvd. Some of the best early vids MTV ever had, music wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks