What's new

John Ritter dies (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
You know it's fucking nuts(excuse my French) when Don Knotts actually outlives you. I'm sitting here watching 3's Co on Nick. What an odd feeling knowing John Ritter isn't around any more.

*shakes head

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Looking at the responses to Mr. Ritter's untimely passing, his work in both TV and movies have affected each of us greatly. Tonight, I was watching (again) A&E's rerun of a "Biograpghy" on Mr. Ritter and realized how his peers look up to this great entertainer. From George Clooney's comments on this morning's "Today" show to Billy Bob Thornton on the "Biography" episode, Mr. Ritter was admired not only as an accomplished actor but a truly nice man. Looking at his "track record" on TV, he was always welcomed into our homes, and yes, probably became a member of our families in some ways. Like many here, today was really an especially depressing one for me. Just like losing a member of our family. :frowning:

Jack Tripper is one of the most memorable character in TV history, and Mr. Ritter deserves all of the praises and awards he had received. He made it look sooooo easy and natural. So bring on the DVD of "Three's Company". And all the movies he did (especially "Hero At Large").

David R. Hendrickson

Stunt Coordinator
a very hard day to get through work.

Three's Company was a real eye-opener for an impressionable 10 year old!

His tv movie Letting Go, and Skin Deep and Sling Blade. pure talent.

thanks John...

Dennis

Second Unit
A picture is worth a thousand words.

You really got me there John Thomas. Two wonderful pictures of two wonderful entertainers. :frowning:

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
TV Land is currently airing a John Ritter Tribute. They have already played several episodes of Three's Company and Three's a Crowd. Right now they are playing a Starsky & Hutch episode when Ritter plays a Armored Truck employee. He looks like he's around 25 or so.

I don't know what other TV shows they are going to play or for how long.

But nice of them to do this.

I Can't post a direct link to the TV Land John Ritter page, but just go to tvland.com and click on the John Ritter Tribute on the first page, this will take you to the Tribute Page with links to both TV Land and Nick's schedule of shows with Ritter.

P.S. A few days ago A&E played the Biography about Ritter and Cash.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Nick at Nite is airing a TC marathon on Monday night from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET).

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Count me as another who was deeply effected by Ritter's tragic death. The only other celeb to get under my skin like that was Phil Hartman. I doubt I'll be able to watch Three's Company for awhile.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Be sure to check out:

Tuesday, Sept. 16th - Primetime Special Edition: A Tribute to John Ritter, hosted by Diane Sawyer - 8:00 PM Eastern on ABC

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I believe the Emmy Awards ceremony is going to be this coming Sunday, September 21st. I wonder how the Emmys will pay tribute to one of TV's most beloved actors.

It's Monday already and to be honest, I am still depressed.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> the Emmys is still considering whether to pay a special tribute to John Ritter.

Still considering? Someone doesn't want to pay tribute to one of the most popular TV actors ever?

I heard the producers of 8 Simple Rules are considering continuing the show without him- killing off his character & focusing more on Katey Segal's.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the future of "8 Simple Rules..." (from Eonline.com)

....according to the New York Daily News, one possibility being bandied about would be to bring in another popular '70s-era icon who might play a brother to Ritter's bumbling dad, Paul Hennessy.

Already talk has centered on Henry Winkler for the job. The former Fonz from TV's Happy Days is an old pal of Ritter's and was scheduled to guest on the episode which the actor never completed due to his sudden death.

Other potential candidates could include sitcom vets Tony Danza, Howie Mandel and even Richard Kline, Ritter's Three's Company cohort.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
John Ritter became L. Frank Baum in "The Dreamer Of Oz: The L. Frank Baum Story"...the film was touching before, but it will be really moving now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks