1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

John Rhys-Davies in-store

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Martin Blythe, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Well-Known Member

John will be autographing the inserts (scene selection page) inside the INDIANA JONES DVDs for those who preorder their INDY at the Blockbuster store in LA on Sunset and Virgil. He will be there 7-9PM tomorrow (Tuesday) evening. I'm sure he might autograph other movies of his too.

2. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Well-Known Member

This is awesome Martin! I was about to ask how/where you found out about this until I saw the blue title under your name [​IMG]

I have actually met the man once before at the TTT premiere (he signed my drawing of Gimli ) but I would love to meet him again and will try to show up tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

3. Haden

Haden Well-Known Member

How can he autograph the Indy DVD set's inserts tomorrow if the DVD set hasn't come out yet?

4. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Well-Known Member

5. Chazz_S

Martin, if you're reading this- could you provide the full address for this store? Looking on blockbuster's site the closest I found would be this:

Orng Grv/Sunst
    1508 North Orange Grove
    Hollywood, CA, 90046
    (323) 851-2688

Is that the right store?

6. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Well-Known Member

Sunset and Virgil is at 4470 Sunset, cross street Virgil - it's near where Sunset and Hollywood Blvd intersect.

7. Chazz_S

8. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Well-Known Member

Argh! I'm going to see How The West Was Won tonight. and will have to miss this. Damn!

9. Greg_M

Greg_M Well-Known Member

While I live in Los Angeles, and won't be attending the signing, thank you Martin for passing the information on to the Home theater forum members.

10. Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad Well-Known Member

D'oh! And I had today off as well. I should've made the drive up to LA for that! D'oh and double d'oh!

11. Chazz_S

Whoohoo! Back from the DVD signing- John is just a marvelous guy, very warm to his fans. This was by far the most 'painless' signing I've ever been to. There was surprisingly few people- there was no line when I showed about around an hour ahead. Pretty darn rare for anything LOTR related these days. Heck there was even about 150 people ahead of me when I showed up at the "TTT release party" that some of the Best Buys had this year. This event was very 'last minute' though, which definitely contributed to the undersized crowd.

Personally, I was ecstatic. I hate crowds, lines etc. Though understandably, Paramount probably might have preferred a gigantic mob. As a matter of fact, I was probably the only person who pre-ordered Indy at that store the whole night so I could get the insert. Most of the people were there for LOTR, and a few of the people for Indy brought their own stuff. I ended up about 6th in line- just peachy with me. Considering the sparse crowd, he signed everything I had, which wasn't much- 3 items. He then asked if I'd like one of the Lucasarts "Sallah" production photos Paramount had brought- SURE! He went ahead and signed/personalized that as well with a nice note. A young lady ahead of me asked him to speak with her friend via cellphone, and he took to the task and conversed with her entirely as a dwarf in full on "Gimli" mode, pretty fun to see! Anyway, here's some of the swag:

book and ttt dvd

Indiana Jones DVD insert

JRD signing

Thanks again Martin for the heads up!