What's new

John from Cincinnati - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
What a fucking crazy episode. They need to have a spinoff sitcom with John, Bill and Vietnam Joe.

It was nice to see Paula Malcomson (as the waitress) again.

I love this show (if only because of the Milch dialogue and characters and because there's nothing like it on TV) but I can't believe that they get nearly 5 million viewers a week. :)

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Okay, I stayed up to catch the second showing on HBO-West to see if I could figure out what was going on. One thing I noticed is at the beginning of John's speech, he talks about a circle and a line on a wall, and says that someone turns them into a man. Then later he draws something on the ground with his foot -- the same symbol he and Shaunie drew in the first episde-- a circle and a line with a chevron at the bottom, sort of like a stick-figure without arms.

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
The writers are having enough problems with this weird (but very watchable) program, why was it necessary to use the "N-word" so much in that one short scene of Butchie using the phone?

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
The references to his Father, Kai seeing "his Father" and other parts of that long monologue indicated John from Cincinnati ("JC") is Jesus come back to Earth, or the son of God if you choose. I don't say that as a great reveal. It's been hinted at, suggested, and almost doled out to the viewer to push us there. Just trying to figure out what it all means and how it plays into the "miracles" we've seen and why he choose IB to join humanity.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this show now. I love the quirkiness, the dialog and most of the characters. But the Ed O'Neill character is painful to watch. And Sissy really got on my nerves this last episode - all she did was yell. I agree about the actor playing Shaun. He might be the worst actor in all of TV right now.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Demorney has been good on the show but the dialog they gave her the previous episode where she was screaming the whole show was terrible and her delivery was awful too. Shaun is leaps better than the new actress they have playing the Sheriff on Dead Zone.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I like pretty much every character in the show(Shaun is a terrible actor though), and think everyone is funny as hell. Barry makes me laugh everytime I see him on screen.

Was the dead man John carried out of room 24 a ghost from the room(died in there?), or was he the ghost that haunts Barry from his past? Mr. Rollins? "Mitch wipes Sissy out, Sissy wipes Butchie out, Butchie hits Barry on the head and Mr. Rollins cums on Barry's face". Or something to that extent.

Didn't recognize Jennifer Grey as the attorney's fiance, and I missed Trixie also.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, my interpretation was that that was related to whatever happened to Barry. It's his baggage or the 'ghosts' that he saw when he tried to go into that room. Maybe Barry will now be able to enter the room since John removed it.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Copied and pasted from HBO's official site:

"If my words are yours, can you hear my Father? Can Bill know my Father, keeping his eye on me? Can I bone Kai and Butchie know my Father instead?

"My Father's shy doing his business. Kai helps my Father dump out. Bill takes a shot. Shaunie is much improved.

"Joe is a Doubting Thomas. Joe will save Not-Aleman. Joe will bring his buddies home. This is how Freddy relaxes. Cup-o'joe, and Winchell's variety dozen.

"Mitch catches a good wave. Mitch wipes out. Mitch wipes out Cissy. Cissy shows Butchie how to do that. Cissy wipes Butchie out. Butchie hurts Barry's head. Mister Rollins comes in Barry's face. My Father runs the Mega-Millions.

"Fur is big. Mud is big. The stick is big. The word is big. Fire is huge. The wheel is huge. The line and circle are big. On the wall, the line and circle are huge. On the wall, the man at the wall makes a man from the circle and line. The man at the wall makes a Word on the wall from the circle and line. The Word on the wall hears my Father.

"The zeroes and ones make the Word in Cass's camera. In the Word on the wall that hears my-Father-in-Cass's-camera, the good one Mitch catches doesn't wipe Cissy out. In the-Word-that-hears-my-Father, Cissy shows Butchie something else. In-my-Father's-Word, Cissy shows Butchie in Shaun. In-my-Father's-Word, Tina raises Shaun at lunch. In Cass's-camera, Butchie lays the court out for Barry, and Mister Rollins watches, and he doesn't come on Barry's face. In Cass's-camera, Butchie knows Kai kept the faith. In-my-Father's-Word, the Wave lifts them up.

"In Cass's camera, Bill doesn't bump his head on the stairs. In Cass's-camera, as long as he's being stupid, Bill gives Lois a kiss.

"In His-Word-in-Cass's-camera, the Internet is big. Nine-Eleven is big, but not every towel-head is eradicated. In His-Word, We are coming Nine-Eleven-Fourteen.

"In my-Father's-Word, Bill sees how Freddy relaxes. In Cass's-camera, Ramon wants to know who's hungry, in the courtyard and Room Forty-Five.

"In my-Father's-Word-to-come-in-Cass's-camera, Doctor Smith calls Ocean Properties. In Cass's-camera-to-come, my Father stares Not Aleman down, and Freddy sees Bill much-improved.

"You will not note my-Father's-Word, nor remember Cass's-camera, but you will not forget what we did here."

ErichH

Screenwriter
You gotta give Milch credit where it's due. The WTF just happened factor keeps going up.
This will keep me happy till Dexter gets going again.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
New actor on "board" (pun intended) tonite, playing the vp of stinkweed: Mark-Paul Gossler, he is not listed on HBO.com either so maybe he wont be a regular? So what do we call this show; a "religous drama"...confused? I mean the title on tonite's show is "HIS visit, day 6"...???
A lot of great actors in this show, still not sure though...the dialogue reminds me of deadwood sooo much! (HELLO DAVID MILCH!!!)

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
Still don't get it. But like many others, I'll continue to watch it to see what happens.

Do you think that this will run more than one season or do we have just a few more episodes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks