What's new

John Ford - The Searchers SE 2006 confirmation (1 Viewer)

Ronald G

Grip
What really needs work and would be absolutely stunning is "The Quiet Man." The DVD is just mushy as I am sure it has been noted here before, but can you imagine what this film would look like if it were given the treatment.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

The UCLA Film & Television Archive holds the original 3-strip negatives, positives, the optical soundtrack negative, and a bunch of other odds and ends. It's just a matter of utilizing those prime elements.

Derek Estes

Stunt Coordinator
I am overjoyed at these announcement. But I would like to See Wagon Master and 7 Women make it into the Ford collection, for fear that it will be unlikely that these films would succeed as single releases out side of this promotion, yet are desperately in need of releases. I wouldn't mind if Mary of Scotland waited awhile and was released as part of a Kathrine Hepburn Signature collection, because I feel Wagon Master and 7 Women are more interesting examples of Ford's style and themes. But, please don't take this as a complaint, I really couldn't be more pleased about the releases already announced. But I would like to make a friendly plea for these films.

Thank You,
Derek

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I agree with the quiet man, Paramount has a large chunk of the Republic library now, so there might be some hoe of seeing it, my only problem is that when they do SE's it's few and far between, i don't expect them to announce, the same amount as WB in catalog titles, but if someone would dig through the archives they are sitting on a goldmine.

Paramount has enough titles with the Republic's to put out a nice John Ford box set, but the last time i saw a box set from them it was either Trek related or Billy Wilder ,again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks