What's new

Joey ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
That end totally caught me off guard. I kept waiting for something to happen, something lame like Joey finishing and saying "yes I did it" but then the cowboys came.
thumbsup.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think it helped that Schwimmer knows the Joey character well enough to squeeze out the most laughs from the script.

Can't wait to find out the New York transplanted neighbor.

I'm still not feeling it with Howie.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the dancing cowboys scene made me laugh outloud too. Very funny. And I think the new neighbor will be the reported "famous" (although not as famous as the producers had hoped, as one so-called famous actress passed already) actress playing Spoiler:eek:ne of Joey's sisters.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I saw the dancing cowboys coming from a mile away, mentioned it to my wife while Joey was standing side-stage in his Richard III costume (where was the hump?), and it was still funny.
smile.gif

Regards,

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Strike 3....Three lame episodes to date and not a laugh in one of them...Knocking off my Tivo's SP.

I had such high hopes.

Now Will and Grace is going down the toilet...bye buye to "Must See" Thursdays.

frown.gif

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
So if David Schwimmer went through all the trouble to free time and go there, why Ross didn't make an appearance? It would have been a big boost for the show.

Don Black

Screenwriter
It's a hit show but certainly not the juggernaut that Friends was. It got a full season pickup so it's not going anywhere.

LeBlanc is going to have some Friends competition from Matthew Perry in the coming weeks as Perry does a guest stint both in-front of and behind the cameras of Scrubs.
thumbsup.gif

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
quote:I saw the dancing cowboys coming from a mile away, mentioned it to my wife while Joey was standing side-stage in his Richard III costume (where was the hump?), and it was still funny.

Me too, and I still thought it was funny.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
quote:So if David Schwimmer went through all the trouble to free time and go there

It's the same stage that "Friends" used, so I don't think there's too much trouble for him to go there.

/Mike

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Joey: "There are no real actors, just small children."

Roger: "Really? She's always yelling at me, and calling me names."

Joey: "That's how we Tribbiani's show affection. Nird."

Michael: "Washed up soap actor."

Joey: "Virgin."

Joey: "The director yesterday doesn't like me after I barked at him and licked his face."

Brian Michael David Scott: "I didn't tell you to lick him."

Joey: "I was in the moment."

I didn't laugh as hard this week as I did last week. This episode was taped awhile ago, before last week's in fact...so no developments were touched on from last time.

Nothing as funny as the dancing cowboys, and maybe its just me, but I can't believe that even Joey was dumb enough to fall for some of that stuff.

MattGentry

Second Unit
The dancing cowboys were, for me, the worst part of last weeks episode. I saw it coming when he was talking to the sick actor. So, that voided any humor for me.

This weeks was fairly good. One of my favorite lines -

Dude: "There are no small parts... Only small actors."

Joey: "You mean like... kids?"

(paraphrased because I cannot recollect the actual line)

Benny G

Second Unit
What was the line about taking the fat out of...and putting it in her lips? I laughed really hard at that..not because it was THAT funny, but because of how she said it.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It was indeed cool to see Josh Randall on "Joey" the same week I saw Tom Cavanaugh on "Scrubs". It was also cool seeing Bob Odenkirk as a guest star on something that isn't a beer commercial. I hope that they bring Odenkirk back a few more times as Brian Michael David Scott

Regards,

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode.

Well, I'm glad we can put to rest that notion that Alex wasn't really married. I also think that the scene with Joey and Alex was the first suggestion that there might eventually be something there for a future relationship.

My favorite quote...

Joey: "He's like a Russian Joseph Stalin."

Not my favorite episode though.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I finally figured out who the actress who plays Alex reminds me of: a cross between Julie Bowen and Lauren Graham.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks