What's new

Joel McCrea Westerns Collection Coming April 2, 2012 (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
As a 70s movie fan, its nice to see Universal releasing Macraes late in life curio Mustang Country-which is more akin to a Wilderness Family/ nature film then a Western-but still very enjoyable with an energetic performance from Joel MaCrae.
A great companion piece to 1976's other aging cowboy film -The Shootist. Hopefully this will be out on Blu ray soon -its one of my favorites . John Wayne won his Oscar for the wrong Paramont western!
1976 was a good year for westerns: Breakhart Pass, The Missouri Breaks, The Last Hard Men , Buffalo Bill and he Indians, Return of a Man Called Horse, From Noon til Three, The Shootist -I think MUSTANG was the last of that years to be released.
Paramount has a coupla other 70s westerns needing better transfers - A Gunfight and The Deserter have been in pd Hell, while their tv movie sequel (should add this o another thread I started about tv movie sequels to flms) to True Grit with Warren Oats as Rooster Cogburn would be fun to see also.
Othwise-virtually all of the v 70 few westerns are on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks