What's new

Joe Millionaire (1 Viewer)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
My wife and I are hooked on this show.

We both hate the reality concept and have not watched any of the other shows, Survivor, Bachelor..the list goes on.

We wanted to watch the show because of the twist it had.

We were laughing hard when all the women came up the way in the carriage all talking about being princesses. From what I gather I don't remember the producers telling these bobble-heads they were meeting a king.

One of the contestants is from the town i live in Minnesota, I believe its Melissa M "Mojo". They have not mentioned anything here in the papers, except to say she is on the show, no details of an outcome. But I assume since she is back here, she did not win or she turned him down.

Paul

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Melissa M is the brunette with the curly tresses.

Mojo is Melissa Jo, the one wearing the cowboy hat that caught Evan's attention when he first met the women as he rode in on a horse.

There's also a Melissa W, the redhead.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
But get this....Evan is not only a construction worker, but he is also a male model on the side.
I thought so.. he doesn't look like your average side-of-the-road construction guy. That would have made for a great show! Some beer-bellied guy who says "yah-dere-hey!" all the time!

My wife and I were discussing how the show will end. Here's my prediction: I think after he has revealed this lie about the money and the woman takes him anyway (she'll have to.. she's on national TV.. she can always dump him later) that Fox will step in and hand them a check for 1 million as a surprise to them both. What do you think?

Chris_HD

Agent
Dave,

I doubt Fox will pay out $1M for this sorry excuse for a show. However my prediction is this. Evan really is a millionaire or millionaire to be and the joke will be on us.

Chris

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Is there a place/website with the pics of the ladys? I haven't gotten to see it yet and want to see who he has to choose from.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I'm not even bothering to watch this trash because I already know the outcome once the camera stops rolling.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I doubt Fox will pay out $1M for this sorry excuse for a show. However my prediction is this. Evan really is a millionaire or millionaire to be and the joke will be on us.
Perhaps I refuse to believe that TV has sunk to this level and I'm still hoping for a quasi-happy ending.
I'd take Zora, personally.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

PS: Thomas: See 'em here

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
That's what I was thinking too. It would be fun.
I was actually surprised at how much I liked the show. They didn't humiliate the contestants as much as I thought they would. Not yet at least. :D
"Joe" seems like a nice guy. Yeah, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a modelling or small-time acting background, he's way too good-looking for Fox to just have found him at a construction site. :)
So far, my favorite is Zora too. She looked better in the tight sweatpants than in the dress though. :)
/Mike

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Why do you people encourage this evil, nasty, ugly, hateful, horrible thing? Why does anyone watch any of the horrific "Reality" TV shows? The sociologists are having a field day.
My question (well, my other question) is what will it take for people to come to their senses about these shows? What will it take to make people realize how bad their popularity makes us look as a society (not that anyone would care anyway)? Will it take a death? Sadly, I doubt it. Ratings will skyrocket, people will love it, and then a Series 7: The Contender-style show won't be so far in the future. How low can they go? I don't think they've scratched the surface.

Brett_H

Second Unit
I'll also admit to watching this one (along with my wife). We were both puking whenever Heidi came on, talking out of the side of her mouth. Yuck. Hope she gets the axe soon. Zora all the way for me...

At any rate, yeah, this might be entertaining, but not as much as my idea for a new "reality TV with a twist" show:
"Jane Bachelorette", a bunch of guys compete for a woman. All the guys have to have "sordid" pasts, lots of one night stands, etc. Let them think she's just your average "girl next door" who can't find the right guy, or better yet, a virgin (hey, if you're gonna lie, lie BIG!). At the end, they find out that she's an ex-prostitute. Let the fun begin! Should be a great display of male hypocrisy.

-Brett.

Kevin*R

Agent
Vicky, you don't need to watch it and you definitely don't need to waste your breath trying to convince others that they don't need to watch it. You'll be alot happier just living your life and not worrying about what other people think about you or anyone else. In whatever way you choose to, enjoy the moment!

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
, you don't need to watch it and you definitely don't need to waste your breath trying to convince others that they don't need to watch it. You'll be alot happier just living your life and not worrying about what other people think about you or anyone else.
I don't worry what people think about me or anyone else. I don't expect anyone to care what I think of reality shows and I'm not trying to convince anyone to not watch them (as if I could). I just stated my opinion and asked some questions that I, to be honest, never expected to be answered. They just happened to be bobbing around in my brain after I caught a promo for the show and was appalled to my very bones by the concept.
Watch away folks. Better you than me.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The promo was more mean spirited than the actual show.

I watched it because it seemed like an interesting, entertaining concept, an experiment.

And I don't believe that anyone involved will suffer much harm, after all, they sign up to meet a guy just because he's rich and to get on TV, and he signs up just to meet a cute girl and to get on TV. I think they can handle it, and hopefully theyll have some fun while doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks