What's new

JJ Abrams-produced Monster movie (Codename: Cloverfield) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
o.t.
Friday morning?

i know it is technically the next day when midnight hits but do you really say tomorrow morning when you refer to one minute after midnight, when talking to someone?

really, if you said to someone you were going to see this, let's say tonight at the midnight show, you would say "i'm seeing this tomorrow." ?

back on topic, if i have a thursday midnight show, i'll try to get out to see it.
:D

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
He's not saying that we never get a clear look at it. He seems to be saying just thaqt it's difficult to describe to people nthat haven't seen it. The only part of his review that even suggests lack of clarity is his line about being unsure whether it is a biped - and that could easily be because they never really see the monster moving, rather than because we never actually see the creature.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

Except people aren't watching "Lost" specifically to see the monster. While people are going to "Cloverfield" mainly to see the monster.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

Well...yea! Hopefully... but people go to see these pictures first and foremost to see the creature. Whether it be a shark or a dinosaur or an alien. If the story and actors and not least of all the monster deliver... then you've really got something; A Jaws or Jurassic Park or Alien. If the story doesn't deliver then you hope the monster is at least cool to sustain interest.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Aside from being "entertaining", why do people listen to anything Harry Knowles and the AICN people have to say?

I haven't for the life of me figured that out for like, years now.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I agree, it was a great suite. Had a very old movie style feel to it, in fact I thought they may had dug up some old monster movie's suite and used it until Giacchino's credit rolled by. Over at the moviemusic.com forums the rumor is that Giacchino is working on getting the track released somehow. The uncut version is 12 minutes long and he used an 87 piece orchestra to record it. I can't wait to hear his score for the upcoming Star Trek movie (which by the way, the teaser was great too).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

please dont reveal or talk about endings to other movies in a topic not about that movie.

everything else you said i completely agree with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks