What's new

Jesus of Nazareth 30th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Ok so I'm not going nuts. I knew I saw a scene showing John the Baptist's head on a platter but couldn't remember which movie it was from. I watched all the Jesus movies I own but couldn't find it. I was beginning to think I imagined it.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Jack, just watched that scene on youtube. It's possible that is what I saw so many years ago but I don't remember that long dance or the movie for that matter and I remember the scene differently. Thanks for the response though!

The head on the platter was filmed. A picture of it is in the novelization. I have seen it. It's pretty disturbing. I'm not sure if it was in the original broadcast or not. I'm thinking it would have been too gruesome for NBC in 1977. It may have been in the European cut.

John Stuart

Agent
Real Name
John Stuart
It seems a Blu-ray was released in Mexico in November 2011 (2 discs): http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jesus-of-Nazareth-Blu-ray/34341/ And another one will be released March 2, 2012, in Germany (4 discs): http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jesus-of-Nazareth-Blu-ray/35506/ Any hints about both releases?

jonfan

Auditioning
Real Name
rob
Can you please give me a link to any URL that has the interview with Robert Powell and Peter York about JON with the History Channel?? Thnx

According to a fan on imdb, the Mexican release is missing two scenes: One in which Judas goes to Zerah and another when Jesus tells the disciples that one is about to betray, at the Last Supper. These scenes were also missing on the last UK dvd release...they are in the US release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks