What's new

Jersey Girl - Official double-dip warning (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I thought the movie was wonderful and certainly a lot better than DOGMA or JAY AND SILENT BOB.... If this "SE" has an alternate cut then I'll gladly double dip.

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator
I was surprised that this wasn't a special edition in the first place. Every other one of his movies got the treatment the first time around. Why not this one? Even though I bought this already, I will double dip (a directors cut would be sweet to see) but this is very surprising that he released it with absolutely nothing on the disk. It's not like him.

I also just noticed that he mentioned on his site there was an SE comming out. I wish I saw that earlier...

Eric

ChrisKe

Stunt Coordinator

Err, no... Dogma had an initial bare bones release and then the SE treatment about 6 months (IIRC) later...

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I thought the extras were good enough so the only reason I'd double dip is for the extended cut.

Joseph, I really didn't care for DOGMA or J&SB. CA is one of my all time favorites and JERSEY GIRL would probably make my top 5 for 2004. Also loved CLERKS and even MALLRATS. Perhaps I should give the other two another chance one day.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I'm wondering if this second disc will ever actually see the light of day now. After seing the extras that were on the original DVD, I'm wondering what else they might be able to add for a second release other than the extended cut. Maybe it'll be something like the Daredevil director's cut (with minimal extras)?

Actually, what'd be nice is a single disc SE with the new cut (including a new commentary) that comes in a double keepcase (so you can keep both versions of the film together). Of course, people would probably get confised and think that they were missing a disc, but there is precedent for this (one the Bond boxsets came with extra space in the box for Die Another Day).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks