What's new

Jerry Orbach Passes Away at 69 (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I wasn't aware that he had cancer so this comes as a scock to me. I have to admit that I haven't watched Law and Order but from his film roles (and voices), I always thought he was very cool.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I mostly knew Jerry Orbach from following Law & Order, though I did notice him in Dirty Dancing and Beauty & The Beast. He seemed to be a true class act.

Since they will obviously have to write him out of the 4th L&O series, I hope they make some sort of mention and tribute to Briscoe in the regular L&O.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Here is some info on Orbach's involvement with "Trial by Jury". Looks like we will see one last hurrah.

From today's Washington Post TV Column:

"While Jerry is irreplaceable, 'Law & Order: Trial by Jury' is an ensemble and will continue in production," the producers said in a statement. "A new cast member will join the company, announcements will be forthcoming."

"Trial by Jury" focuses, as its name suggests, on the courtroom. Briscoe, retired as an active street cop, is working as an investigator for an assistant district attorney, played by Bebe Neuwirth. Orbach appears in three of the six episodes shot so far, an NBC rep told The TV Column."

"The network ordered 13 episodes of "Trial by Jury" for this season but has not announced a start date or a time slot. "

Since the show is still shooting, maybe they can give Lennie a proper send off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks