What's new

Jericho ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Very possibly, but considering that the strike-talks have fallen almost completely apart now, it's looking likely that most primetime dramas might not be completing their full seasons after all. By next fall, we might be looking at a bunch of DVD season sets -- Heroes, Chuck, LOST, Grey's Anatomy -- that have almost as many episodes as Season 2 of Jericho.

That said, if the strike does end in a timely fashion, Carol Barbee recently confirmed that CBS plans on ordering a full, 22-episode third season if the second one does well (which they're pretty much expecting at this point). Also, word is that CBS is apparently wanting to take the entire month of January and just hype the living hell out of the show before the premiere, which should pump up the potential audience-base.

Here's hoping both confluences (strong audience turnout, and a shortened WGA strike) end up converging to Jericho's benefit.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Just heard this from several sources (including today at E! Online):

Apparently Pamela Reed won't be returning to Jericho past the second episode of this next season -- that will be her last episode, as it seems that the network was wanting to cut some of the cast who were "over 40," and she was one of the casualties.

She also doesn't have a contract for Season 3 (unlike most of the rest of the cast), and has been giving a number of recent interviews to the media confirming this. Good thing Lennie James is so crucial to the storyline, I suppose...

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Oh, brother. First they kill off Jake's Dad... I guess they are trying to turn it into Jericho's Creek?

LCD22

Screenwriter
There's been rumors that Pamela Reed might be next to go. It's disappointing to hear it's true, and that once again CBS is getting rid of a cast member so they can get more of the younger demographic. Same thing happened with Ron Dean (Detective Crumb) on "Early Edition" (albeit he was a recurring role). He was a fan favorite and everyone associated with that series wanted to make him a regular, but CBS decided he was too old and said no. I think the plan was to have him work at the bar helping out Gary. If you've seen the third season, you know how that went horribly wrong when they brought in Kristy Swanson and Myles Jeffrey as regulars. Executive Producer Jeff Melvoin did convince Les Moonves to bring his character back in the third season episode "Crumb Again". He appeared three more times in the fourth season.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Some further news on this whole issue:

Apparently, Pamela Reed is only going to appear in ONE episode (the season premiere), and Gray Anderson is gone from the series after episode three.

This has been confirmed as coming straight from the top of the CBS executive suite. Um...hooray for youth.

LCD22

Screenwriter

Michael Gaston will be missed. I hope no more changes will be made. They continue to make poor decisions concerning "Jericho".

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think it's very hard to say if these are poor decisions or not yet, as I haven't seen any episodes aired of the 2nd season ;) I'm OK with them purging tons of cast if the storyline within the season makes the most of the characters they have and the storyline moves in a way I find interesting.

I look at "Heroes" where Season 2 was chock full of characters.. and probably 1/2 of them could have been axed and the story would have been tighter and better for it.

So, I'll judge whether or not the decisions are good or bad based on what I think of the shows when they air ;)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I actually think Pamela Reed's departure is a natural result of the decision to kill Major Dad in the first season finale. Her storyline was tied up with his, and there's no point in keeping an actress around just to pop in and say "I'm worried about you, son!" every now and again.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I think the differentiator between "good decision" and "bad decision" will depend greatly on whether you felt the way the show was in the second half of its first season was "good" or "bad". The show was originally canceled presumably because too many viewers felt that the second half of the first season was "bad", so I expect that they've made changes to address that downturn. If you felt that the second half of the first season was "good", I believe you are far more likely to be disappointed with the second season, and you should prepare yourself for that eventuality.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Eh...I dunno. Maybe, but then again, maybe not. Like someone else just said above, if Reed and Gaston's departures are handled in an organically-satisfying way that serves the storyline, I'll be fine. I guess we'll see, come February.

That said, I've been hearing more and more lately that these next seven episodes are absolutely knock-'em-out-of-the-park killer -- lean, mean, and tighter than a 10-year old.

LCD22

Screenwriter

Actually, I enjoyed the entire first season of "Jericho", and I quite like what I've seen of the two trailers for the second season. It's still the same "Jericho", but even more intensified then the second half of the first season (which I absolutely loved).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone else think that if this had really happened to the US. That other countries (ie-China, Russia,etc) would be taking advantage and annexing our territories (ie-Alaska) or even worse?

And on a similar note. You would have to think this event would completely destabilize the world. Both militarily and economically.

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
I'm kind of annoyed with seeing the spoilers for season 2 on this page. Can everyone please keep in mind that some of us actually like to be surprised by a TV show now and then? I never would have guessed both those characters would be gone so quick.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
First two eps of the second season leaked.. oh my goodness. Great opening for the season, not quite Dexter worthy, but damn good. :)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
interesting facts about the united states flag and how it relates to the flag in jericho.

A little known odd fact about the history of Old Glory, is her sister, the forgotten Civil Flag of the United States.

The existence of the first U.S. civil flag came about in 1767 when members of the "Sons of Liberty" rebelled against the Stamp Act by turning the flag of the British East India Company on its side and then flew it on the "Liberty Tree". The "on it's side" vertical stripes were then declared to represent......

The Mystery of the Forgotten U.S. Flag

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks