What's new

JCVD (1 Viewer)

Jon Paul Gottier

Auditioning
Real Name
Iran
I got the treat of going to the Toronto Film Fest, and the best film I got to see was at the Midnight Madness opening night and the film presented the rebirth of guess who, Jean-frickin'-Van Damme. It was ridiculous. The audience was so into the film; it was a riot.

I don't want to ruin the treats, the real nuggets of the film, but expect the first five minutes to be a ride. And don't be surprised to cry by the end of the film. No joke. His acting is... well, superb, astonishing. For once, you're not laughing at Van Damme, but with him. This was a very unlikely favorite of the year.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm eagerly awaiting this. I recently watched a bunch of his direct to vid stuff, and he really is a more then decent enough actor. IN HELL was pretty great.

Miles

Second Unit
I saw this last night and agree that JCVD acting was superb and the movie contains some moments that brought me close to tears for it's honesty. Please give it a whirl if you get a chance.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I've never had anything against Van Dam and really enjoy some of his films, two of my favorites being Sudden Death and Kick Boxer, and am remarkably curious about this.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I rented this a couple of weeks ago and the film was interesting. I thought it was strange that Van Damme didn't dub himself during the French speaking parts, it was strange hearing another voice for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks