What's new

JBL vs. Infinity .. what's the deal ? (1 Viewer)

JeffHunter

Stunt Coordinator
which is the higher level product, from what I can tell both are coming in around the same price range. Both are Harman Kardon products, both speakers seem to be pretty much equally good.

What I'm thinking for myself....

JBL S-26II ~$166.00 (used as rears)
JBL S-CENTERII ~$198.00 (used as center of course :P)

I have an HK AVR225 Receiver.

are these speakers overkill ? underkill ?

greg_t

Screenwriter
I don't have the S26, but I do have an S Center and think it is a great sounding speaker. YOu can get it cheaper than what you are listing above though. My advice is that if you decide to go with the JBL studio series, you better do it real quick because the studio line is discontinued and these speakers are getting hard to find.

Shaun Graham

Agent
You can find those speakers chepaer than that...I just picked up a pair of S26's at JandR for $150 and an S-Center for $150 too...both free shipping.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Here's a S-Center II for $117.98 plus shipping ($19.22 for FedEx 3rd day, bringing total to $137.20 shipped). Buying through here helps support home theater forum:

S-Center II for $137.20 shipped 3 day

If you want S26-II's as well, it's $140.44 plus $28.93 shipping:

S26-II

They drop the shipping a bit if you get both together, so your total is $301.28. However, my personal preference would be for the S38-II's. Those are great speakers for the money. They are a bit more than the 26's, but definitely sound nicer.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Both are owned by Harman audio, but each are completely separate companies. LISTEN to them and decide which you like better. I actually preferred the sound of the IL series Infinitys to the S-series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks